Canada Day Lac Seul outing.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Had a fishfry with my fishing buddies and some other folk we know on Canada day.

Of course the long and strenuous task of catching the fish fell to Cliff and myself...oh well. Its a tough job and someone has to do it!

So of we went to Williams Bay from 10am to 2pm. Instead of doing my usual 'milk run' that ends out near the open section of the lake...we headed straight to my favourite deep mark. The reasoning being there was absolutely no wind, no chop, and figured the more active fish would be deep. They did not disappoint.

For at least 2 hours in one spot it was fish after fish at 35'- 40' FOW...mostly nice keeper size. We did get into some shallower on a rocky extended reef/point in 14'FOW but no sooner than they started to bite they seemed to shut off....so we headed back to get our last fish for the cooler at the original spot and ended the day with an over slot double header :thumbsup_anim:

Messed around a bit with slip bobbers set at 40' and Cliff went through a selection of plastics that increased in weirdness....they were biting anything. All the big fish were suspended half way up right up to ten feet from the surface in 40'FOW. Without watching the electronics you would not get them. Was like ice fishing for trout....jigging down the bottom...see a fish swim through twenty feet above your jig...reel up to it...WHAM!.....great fun.

We got back and had a decent fishfry, some banter with good friends, went for a swim, watched the Towns firework display and did one of our own before the kids went off to their tent for a sleep over.

We even got a Northern Lights display that evening!

GOOD DAY.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5OFg-MmKg4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1375-2.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1379-1.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hVkn5WMuEsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_1382-2.jpg

IMG_1383-1.jpg

IMG_1395-1.jpg

IMG_1398-1.jpg

IMG_1410-2.jpg

IMG_1413-1.jpg

IMG_1415-1.jpg

IMG_1417-1.jpg

IMG_1420-2.jpg

IMG_1421-1.jpg

IMG_1424-1.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1441-1.jpg

That, sir, is how you do it :D Looks like a perfect Canada Day to me thumbsup_anim.gif

It was a packed day for sure JB....really great for Jack having his new friends.

Thanx for the report. I enjoyed your pix.

No problem WD.

Canada Day SLAY!! Very impressive average on the Seoul, as usual. I'm droolin over here.

LS is definitely a killer fishery.....i'm lucky to live close to it for sure.

What can be added?

:canadian::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::canadian:

LOL...Brian i thought of a few things but decline to put it in print on a public forum....lol.

That, sir, is cruel and unusual punishmentsarcasm.gif

Great way to celebrate the holidaygood.gif

Hehe...cruel?....yes....unusual?....no...its always like that at Lac Seul Will.

Mabothe killer report my friend! Epic as usual. Me and the fam are camping/fishing mainville off the 502 in the 20th through the 23rd, any chance you wanna make an appearance?

Damn you....i would have loved to....but we are in Southern Ontario with Erika's folks that week :(