The "Bow-ling" Alley

spincast

G's first day off school today, and Steph had to work. So I decided to cash in an in lieu day from one of my Hong Kong trips annd spend the day with G. The weather even cooperated so of course, that meant fishing...........

There is a cluster of waypoints on my sonar that I call the bowling alley, because once lake O sets up this area almost never fails to produce - and it produces a lot of rainbows.

up at 5 and motor down the highway

The pic doesn't do the sunrise justice - but it was magnificent

100_1228.jpg

6:45 we're motoring out of the harbor following a hint from the guy at the marina who had a killer day yesterday

7:00 we're in 85 FOW and I set up the first rigger. Just finish setting up the second when the first fires - a small chinny. back he goes. Nice start.smile.gif

Then a dry spell - radio confirms -- its going around.

- So we change course and head to the bowling alley. DR fires just as we approach the markers - another nice little salmon 24 or so inches.

Then the wire dispey screams. Strong fish 350 foot back. Darn thing wore me out. 30 inch tank of a laker

100_1232.jpg

a quick revival and back down she goes

Things slow down again. All but 2 rods have fired. The second rigger is deep, and it keeps going right over fish, and fish are coming up from the bottom to look, but no takers. I tell G, gonna switch this one up, no one wants my fly this morning. I flick it from the release and BANG. G - FISH ON and its a biggun (I dont know HOW he does the biggest fish everytime). 10 minutes later a 23 lb king finally enters the net.Tried to revive this one for about 15 minutes, thought my arms woud fall off. No deal, too tired. Last week one of our neighbours had said they would like a salmon next time out - so here ya go, Long weekend family BBQ Salmon.

100_1241.jpg

We ended up 6 for 8 in 4 hours. One absolute tank of a bow again jumped way clear of the water on G and spat the hook. Interestingly enough, that jumper was the only bow to show in the alley today. 1 cohoe and the rest were all chinnes.

Nice Trifecta to send out the month of June.

Frank --- keep your fingers crossed bud - I cant wait to hear the signature Juli discussion as she reels in a big one thumbsup_anim.gif . And perhaps you will get another shopping cart?

Well done! Those are a couple tanks right there!

perhaps a couple Team 7 upgrades also? clapping.gif

Thanks Trouty - but - well, actually, no, on a couple counts. Both G and I have bigger ones this year for our teams. G's biggest Salmon was 39 inches - this one was only 36. He struggled to lift this one ( the arm balancing him from behind) He literally couldn't lift the 39 incher. Plus, um, as a few members may tell you - G is actually on team 1.

Oh, baby!! You've got me fired up for sure now. Nice shooting, buddy! G definitely has the fish Gods on his side as far as right rod at the right time, lol!

I'm with you, can't wait to see Juli tie into one, it's been a long time coming. Just need those winds to cooperate for one of the next three days.

Nice shooting Rick...when my son was young we had what we called the "wall of shame" (play on words for "the wall of fame") Do you and G have something similar to display pictures of your adventures and accomplishments?

G im going to leave it to you to force dad on the water EVERY available moment this summer...nice catch young man...shoot for the Tyee or better!!!

Nice shooting Rick...when my son was young we had what we called the "wall of shame" (play on words for "the wall of fame") Do you and G have something similar to display pictures of your adventures and accomplishments?

G im going to leave it to you to force dad on the water EVERY available moment this summer...nice catch young man...shoot for the Tyee or better!!!

Hey Dave - yes and no. I have a section in the garage where we park the boat. We put some OFAH awards up there. Mostly I just get told "My fish is bigger than that Dad". I'm OK with thatbiggrin.gif

Yup - that's the next goal - gotta get a decent scal for the boat tho. The cheapo one I had said that fish weighed 10 .2 lbs

Nice fish G!! Winds get better as the weekend goes on Frank. Looks like I'll be out there on Sunday with a couple of OFCer's.

Thanks - and yes, Frank, Juli G & I are all hoping for some west winds in the 5 - 10 k range for Sunday.

Rick that is awesome. You sure got it down that is forsure.

I love how the fish is almost as big as G. Hes going to have arms like Arnold if he keeps gettong fish like those.

Beauty Laker as well. That thing is a tank.

Thanks Chris - he was pretty funny, as usual " QUICK DAD THIS IS HEAAAAAAVVVVVVY."

Wow wow wow!! That's a great picture too! I bet it get framed soon.

You know it RC. G's already said he wants to do a slide show of this years catches. Given what he's boated so far, I'd say it will be quite the show.

Now, THAT would be a day to get me hollering, all right! Nice work, guys-- G is clearly conditioning himself to some really nice fish this year- I am impressed how he 1) has been ordering up the biggies of the day, and 2) slugging them above his shoulders!!! I sure hope we get out tomorrow! I am way overdue for an adventure with the three amigos.