New Lund Update :)

RangerGuy

Took the boat to Hastings Marine where I purchaced it to have the motor raised up 1 mounting hole and ask about the prop etc...

They did the motor lift right away for me, first thing. Let me say I really liked the mechanics there they were very friendly and helpful. Sometimes

mechanics don't like customers around while they do the work and I can totally understand that, not these guys they were great.

The result of the motor being raised was just the thing.

When on plane with no trim at all the bow kind of dives.. As I apply trim I can see/feel it come up and the speed increase with no porpusing. Top speed increased to 38.4mph @ 6000rpm. This is about as fast as I'd want to go in this boat..she felt a little hairy in the wind yesterday at wide open and the motor takes a little more work to handle than before but still not a big deal.

We didn't change the prop because the motor is running right where it should be and not hitting the rev limiter.

I've read a few post where the merc props have totally removed all vibration from the tiller handle even at slow speeds (which by the way is the only

time I notice any viberations :) )

So when I recover from all the recent add on purchaces .. I may try one.

On a side note... I've heard these boats "Alaskans" are wet rides.. Not sure what kind of water they were running in but I just out of curiosty went

through a large cruiser wake, ran around a wake a bunch of times just to test this.

I will say this with confidence that this boat is 10 times dryer and smoother than my old Ranger of the same wieght. In defence of the Ranger it was an 89' hull so technology has improved greatly since them.

Now to install our add-ons:

-Finish crimping battery connections

-Transducer Mounting Plate

-24volt 80lbs Terrova/ipilot

-798ci HD SI Hummingbird

-Garmin 276c (from previous boat)

-30 amp Guest onBoard charger

She's gonna be awesome... thank you everybody for the input and help :)

Always good when a boat gets set up properly and running just the way it's supposed to.

Your also gonna be very happy with that Guest charger too RG. I put one on my last boat back in '99 and it's still going strong to this day.

As for the mechanics at Hastings, I agree, their all very good and also extremly friendly. I was there a couple months back for some minor warranty work on my Yammie & they treated me like royalty.

Yup I had a guest on my Ranger.. never failed in 4 years.. sold it with the ranger

cause I would have had to pull the gas tank to get it out.

It was low for sure.. I think I could come up another whole but not gonna bother right now.

The top of the plate is right at the surface when trimmed.. So I'll run it like that for a bit

and see how I like it.

Motor sounds totally different it doesn't sound like it's working as hard.

I was actually test running on your home waters Lew :)... couldn't find a ramp close enough on

near the marine. Figured the water would be smooth with all the wind yesterday but even

there was fairly choppy.

Edited by RangerGuy