this is unbelievable...

iFish4real

it's not like it can really affect us in any way but it's really annoying seeing what our gov. is doing for a few bucks :P ....is like hiring an American corporation to operate Canadian Utilities like Water Supply Plants :w00t:...in other words, let's help the "poor" Americans make an honest buck :tease:

From what i have been told (and i made sure to ask when i found out AO was a US company) is that they are one of 3 companies in North America with this hardware. All 3 are US based, and AO has their equipment in 30 states. Again, when i called in and asked this is the answer i received.

it's not like it can really affect us in any way but it's really annoying seeing what our gov. is doing for a few bucks :P ....is like hiring an American corporation to operate Canadian Utilities like Water Supply Plants :w00t:...in other words, let's help the "poor" Americans make an honest buck :tease:

If they kept it here and passed on their 'savings' to us, people would be complaining about the higher prices.

but you willl (if it applies to you, insert name) go on a fishing forum talk about home insurance, boat tax, incomes, family history, tax returns, marriage and divorce, sickness, colonoscopy results, death/birth in the family, lost job, got a job, want a job, got a ticket, neighbours dog barks, secret coleslaw recipe, etc.

and then get freaked out cuz some yank knows yer address. dunno.gif

well said.

With the Patriot act the US Gov can freely access the MNR data in the US, identify hunters and flag them as gun owners for additional scrutiny when crossing the border. Then with NSA algorithms they machine scan our posts, tweets, txt msgs, etc... then correlate the multiple sources of info to profile us as we travel to and around the US.

Privacy does matter for honest citizens when overzealous police agencies take notice of you for any unassuming reason.

Think of no-fly lists, where you cannot find out why you or someone with your same name gets listed and there is no way to get your name off.

Don't forget that in the US, people generally don't give a rats ass about people that hunt because way more people already hunt down there and they are perceived as Redneck American freaks like we are perceived up here. I don't care if they know, I would just the jobs rather stay here.

Everybody in India has your home phone number and your bill payment history. Even Rachid called me yesterday to warn me that the freezer I bought at Sears is about to run out of waranty. His cousin Dipti asked him to remind me that I should also be looking to upgrade my life insurance.

Roy... you'refunny...! :clapping: