OFN slow..still real slow at times today

Terry

I have been finding this website real slow most times I get on it

I often have to repost because it times out before it finishes posting

it is at work and home so it makes me think it's not me

I checked my internet speed and it's"4.2 megabits per second"

so I seem good, anyone else having problems?

Edited by Terry

Terry, I have been having this problem also, for over a week now. I can whip from hotmail to google to tons of sites in my favorites, then I hit OFC and I might as well go make a coffee or something because it's going to be awhile before I can read or post anything. I have to keep hitting the back button or I get stuck in green screen land, even though it says done at the bottom.

Glad its not just me.

Joey

I went upstairs to check the server and to see if #1 son had plugged us back into the phone line. Page loads are almost as slow as when I was on 22,600 dial up !! Was a period last night as slow as well.

Edited by irishfield

Well I digress.. I too have been finding the site crawling along at a snails pace compared to the other sites I frequent.. I wonder if the other boards hosted on this server are experiencing the same issue? and if they are then a couple of things could be a factor, the server is overloaded, bandwidth is being gobbled up by tons of media, Bandwidth has been allocated elsewhere or reduced, a backdoor was found and the server is being owned... there are a ton of possibilities the problem is getting the server admins to look into and address it (not the admins from this site) Our admins can forward a request to the server admins other then that if it is server based their hands are tied and are at the mercy of the host...

I hope this gets addressed in short order.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

I have been emailing the host for a few hours (back and forth). Server load was over 25 (normally runs at <2). My guess is one of the sites we share with is under a DDOS attack.

I'm watching to make sure it isn't us. So far our bandwidth hasn't changed. Host said they are 'working on the issue'. If they cannot solve the problem they will move us to another server.

I went upstairs to check the server and to see if #1 son had plugged us back into the phone line. Page loads are almost as slow as when I was on 22,600 dial up !! Was a period last night as slow as well.

What do you mean "plugged you back in"? How did you manage something other than dial up around here??? inquiring minds want to know ...

Maureen

What do you mean "plugged you back in"? How did you manage something other than dial up around here??? inquiring minds want to know ...

Maureen

Check the computer help section Maureen. With some perserverance and about $1000 we went point to point to a willing access donors house! Buried the 400 feet of wire to the windsock on Sunday afternoon to complete it and to get the power pack off the tower.