Easy Pickings

Entropy

Easy Pickings

Monday morning I noticed a number castings on the lawn, so last night I turned the motion lights off outside and waited till 10 pm. There was a good rain yesterday evening, so I figured it should be ‘easy pickings’ for worms. Indeed it was after only 15 min I had caught 50 Dew Worms. Not bad considering it was the first time out this year picking and I missed about half or the ones I saw. I’m set for Saturday.

Get out there and pick yours too !!

Entropy

Wow ! talk about a challenge !

I didn't believe that we have fat nightcrawlers in my backyard , boy was i wrong ! theyre everywhere ! I got two and that was NOT ez . I'll be back out there tomorrow night after I have more time .

Any advise on how to get those tricky sots except speed and force ?

Pliers ? Scissors ?

Just went out and checked the backyard, the front and the sideyard. Not a worm to be had. Guess the grub killer I doused it with last year might have killed them off.

My father had the same problem at their house, used grub killer and then could not find a worm. But why is it the grubs still live but the worms are gone? :dunno: Sure seems that way anyhow.

Yep, I turn the motion lights off.

I use a hand held LED light, and don't use the center of the .... 'beam' but the outter edge to spot the worms. Grab the light coloured end of the work; it is the end closest to the hole.

Entropy