Define "skunked"

It really depends on the context...

1. If you and a buddy are walleye fishing and you get 1 walleye and he gets 37 bass; 1 trophy muskie and a sunfish, he got skunked.

2. If you and I are walleye fishing and you get 1 walleye and I get 37 bass; 1 trophy muskie and a sunfish, you got an azz whoopin'.

I resemble that theroy lol

And I have had days in my boat where we were targeting walleye and smallies helped make the day... Or an accidental musky...Definately not skunked LOL

Just target a good time and you'll never get skunked...Got that right Mike!!!!good.gif

Don't laugh. :blush: I've done that many times on Simcoe. Head out on the ice for Whitefish, but don't get any hits all morning. Go set up on the perch and 1/2 limit out in an hour. Head home a happy camper.

Oh, no I do it quite a bit actually it's much more satisfying to say that you caught something.

When you go fishing and don't catch nuttin"...you were "skunked"

The first time I used my telescopic carp rod it was christened by a shoal carp (musky!) I was using corn on my hair rig and although it was not my targeted species I didn't considerate myself "skunked"...

Tall tale ???...Ask Crappieperchhunter, he helped land it...rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Well I was skunked today for the first time since April, only saw 1 pike that nipped at my bucktail. I blame the lightning for shortening my day by 4-5 hours.:P Monday I had my best pike day by far (in terms of numbers) catching 7 pike (had one on that was close to 40" but shook the hooks when I turned to grab the net), about 8 more hits and 2 musky follows (mid 30's and 40"er).