Is St.Jacobs in full swing now?

misfish

Awhile back ,I had asked about this little town. Really looking forward to spending a weekend there.Should we be heading there now,or wait a few weeks? Cant wait to go there.

Thanks

Sorry,forgot the NF. :whistling:

Edited by Misfish

Thanks for the tip. Really enjoy going there. So many good produce, food, etc. Their spicy cheeses and salami are top notch. There's also a vendor who sells these really thick wool sweaters. It's the warmest sweater I've ever worn and a whole lot cheaper too.

I look forward to this summer's trek to St Jacobs.

it's been in "full swing" for a while now, I'm pretty sure the indoor parts are year round but could be wrong. (not sure if all the produce is local yet or not due to grow seasons etc. but all still very good). The ol lady and I go all the time for steaks, summer sausage, and to look around but ALWAYS stop for apple fritters (worth the line for sure) :D

- Frank, is the Sweater vendor that u are talking about the one that sells the Alpaca wool sweaters ? I would have to agree with you if you are. Washed mine numerous times and still the softest thing I have felt - errr as far as clothing goes :whistling:

when did it leave ? I was there in April (maybe late march) and they were still there, gawd I sure hope not ) not sure why it would leave, had to be the best money maker in the whole lot ! lol

- but I'm pretty sure you're out of luck Sunday anyways. (only open thurs and sats) if I remember correctly.

Edited by Toad Hunter

Misfish->I don't recall seeing any wool gloves/mittens since I bought it a few years ago. He may have something what you're looking for, but even if he doesn't, I'm sure another vendor will have something.

Toad->Yup, that's the same fella! I love how well the sweater works as a mid-layer during the winter months. It took me a few years to pick out the pieces of straw still embedded in the wool. :) The only thing that has worn out is the zipper, which a local seamstress should be able to help me patch up. When I was at SAIL over Xmas, they were selling the hoodie sweater for $149. I think I paid $79 a few years ago.

Mr. Alpaca sells those jackets that zip up to your side...I've always been curious with them and might pick one up on my next visit. Only wish they were a bit closer. :)

Hi Brian

wait until the end of June.

what in particular are you looking for?

if you get the chance, reserve a table at Benjamins for Dinner. you wont regret it.

have fun

Speed

Awhile back ,I had asked about this little town. Really looking forward to spending a weekend there.Should we be heading there now,or wait a few weeks? Cant wait to go there.

Thanks

Sorry,forgot the NF. :whistling:

Hi Brian

wait until the end of June.

what in particular are you looking for?

if you get the chance, reserve a table at Benjamins for Dinner. you wont regret it.

have fun

Speed

Hi back at ya bud.Hope all is well.

Just heard that it,s a great place to visit,and lots to do.A nice get away for me and the mrs,s. Oh,theres tell of great smoked meat and many preserves. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the advise all.

Well were going to go next friday in the morning.If need be,we,ll find somewhere to stay,but were thinking a day trip for now.

Thanks again for all your help.

Might want to go a day ahead or day later, then you won't be disappointed.

Edited by fishingwithbob