Musky on a stringer

limeyangler

Great video and the musky was just so calm the whole time ! A very "don't mind me while I grab some lunch off your stringer' kind of attitude lol. I couldn't quite tell however, but did the musky finally let go or did it swallow the walleye whole ?

Thanks for the replies :)

As others have said, really great that you were able to capture that. Thanks for showing it.

You do know that it's illegal to use walleye for bait eh? :D

I thought that was only illegal on a Thursday afternoon. Jeeze...they really make the regs so complicated!

Great video and the musky was just so calm the whole time ! A very "don't mind me while I grab some lunch off your stringer' kind of attitude lol. I couldn't quite tell however, but did the musky finally let go or did it swallow the walleye whole ?

I just gave the stringer a gentle shake and it eventually let go.

That was wild !!! He almost appeared to be a tamed fish.Was spooked by you at all.

Don't think there's much out there that would spook a musky... :-)

I once caught a pike the same way when I was a kid. It attacked our stringer and I just yanked the whole thing out of the water. He soon occupied the spot right next to his would-be meal. Both were delicious.

Don't think there's much out there that would spook a musky... :-)

I once caught a pike the same way when I was a kid. It attacked our stringer and I just yanked the whole thing out of the water. He soon occupied the spot right next to his would-be meal. Both were delicious.

LOL...poetic justice.

I have this little clip from the same bay a week ago.....Pike vs Pike.

The fish were hungry there this week.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YBRl6dsP2rQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by limeyangler

There is some great footage of this happening under a kayak on youtube......look up anglersthree I believe...they make some great vids. Great that you got the footage and posted though....goes down nicely with my coffee this morning :D