Saturday - Simcoe Lake Perching

Danubian

Hello everyone!

How wonderful this weekend was... I hope everyone had lots of fun.

Saturday I went near Brechin and fished from the pier in the Marina.

Lots of perch, although most of them small size, but constant action through the day. On average, 1 in 5 was a keeper, and ended by keeping about 20 of them, 3 jumbos.

Early in the afternoon a crew of one OPP and one CO paid a visit and checked thoroughly everyone that had a line in the water. Nice guys though, and it was good to see our tax money at work.

Danubian

126308.JPG

126310.JPG

Edited by Danubian

COs should have showed up at the park in Keswick .... they'd make lots of money for the government. They should send the entire squad there so they could catch all those people that fish without a license and those who take OS fish.

Edited by 98Fahrenheit

Thanks for all your nice words!

As for Keswick, that's a shame of what we hear or see there. Indeed, a whole platoon of COs wouldn't be enough to straighten things up. (So if any CO is reading this, then here's a tip to top-up your quotas... :-) )

I've been there a couple of times in the past years and always left with a bitter aftertaste. Most usually it was related to the "white bucket squad", but is not the size of the squad, or the bucket, it's about the lack of respect for rules and for the nature and her gifts. :-(