RIP CARROLL SHELBY

Muskieman

An automotive legend , icon , innovator , ambassador , hero has passed away.....

I don't care who you are or what camp you cheer for , at some point in your life , you've wanted one of his cars .

NOBODY will ever compare to him.

He was 89.

Randy

:(

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

i had no idea! legend of motorsports. saved chrysler. and the shebly mustang..

he would probably like to have the shelby daytona back but otherwise one of the greatest automotive influences ever.

would be nice to pass away leaving your mark (literally) on millions of vehicles.

a friend builds replicas of the shelby cobra - had an opportunity to see the real thing..performance almost untouched today.

Yea what an innovative man he was; a chicken farmer that went on to build race cars that beat the Ferrari racing team so bad that Ferrari packed up and said they didn’t want to play anymore.

A good friend of mine built an AC (kit) Cobra; other then the glass body he did his best to replicate a true 427 car. I had the privilege of wiring that car for him, using an original wiring diagram; talk about simplicity at its best.

The first three gears from a rolling start was like being put into the seat with a 5 point seat belt harness two sizes to small; you were pined to the seat back. It was only after my road test that I realized I didn’t even have the seat belt on. It was just plain old nasty HP and unbelievable traction that gluing me to the seat. There were only two things that the G-force generated by this car couldn’t hold back; the smile on my face and the pickle in my pocket.

Thanks for the memories Carroll Shelby and my buddy John for building his idols car.

Dan.