A couple of firsts (for me ) this year

Beans

Fortunately today's and tomorrow's doctor appointments take me close to one of my favorite carp swims...

I arrived about 12:30pm and fished for four hours...It was too windy to catapult out any corn but I did manage some distance with balls of ground bait with my new (New World) slingshot...after an hour or so of washing some Monster Maize I switched over to the Tiger Nut boilies I bought from Stephen...another first using them...

At 02:30pm I got to hear my alarm go off for the first carp of the year...a great tussle with an 18 to 20 pounder...I had quite a time trying to get it into my net (note to self...get bigger net)...an hour later I get my second Beeeeeeeeeeeep !!!...This 10 to 12 pounder was a little easier to handle...It must have been extra hungry as he was hooked inside the mouth not in the side of the lip as most are...I managed to unhook it ok with my Rapala Forceps...no damage was done to the carp as he happily swam away...Phew !

Here's hoping tomorrow will be as good...As much as I hate getting skunked...I'm happy landing one carp...so a double header is a real treat...I did go 4 for 6 (two hook-pulls) once a couple of years ago...some of my carp buddies have had multiple days...like fifteen or twenty...(Sigh*)

Will keep you posted...and will try to remember camera...

Edited by Beans

Nice carp report.......next time out take that old man from across the lake with you...just grab him by the ear and drag him along....LOL

Bob

Sorry Bob, I don't know which old man you are referring to...?

Big Cliff is on the next lake over from Pigeon and the old man that was across Pigeon Lake was my old pal Nanook who passed away just over a year ago...

I wasn't fishing either of those lakes...LOL

Sorry Bob, I don't know which old man you are referring to...?

Big Cliff is on the next lake over from Pigeon and the old man that was across Pigeon Lake was my old pal Nanook who passed away just over a year ago...

I wasn't fishing either of those lakes...LOL

I was picking on Cliff..... :thumbsup_anim:

[quote Will keep you posted...and will try to remember camera...

As promised a report of day two...Not quite as good as day one and had a big scare...

After my doc appointment at 09:00am, I took a run over to McD's for an egg mcmuffin on a buttermilk bisquit, A large coffee and two burritos for my lunch, I arrived at the swim at 10:30am...Shortly after that my good pal Ron shows up...

Ron lands the first carp of the day around 01:00pm and I land mine at about 02:00pm...they could have been twins and were about the size of my biggest yesterday (18 to 20 pounds)...things died off quickly around 03:00pm so we packed it in as Ron was on kitchen duty as his wife was not feeling too well...

I knew that I would have to cook my own supper as the wife had a quilting class to attend in Lindsay so I stopped off at Kawartha Bakery to pick up a couple of steak 'n kidney pies and some buns...I go to pay and can't find my wallet...Oh crap !...I pay the lady out of my parking loonies and toonies and bust my ass back where we were fishing...no wallet to be seen anywhere...

Oh cripes...drivers licence, ownership papers, visa card, $85, etc.

I remember taking it out of my shirt pocket to show Ron the list of medications I have to take daily...maybe it is in my big pail...when I drop the tailgate down...there it was ! Thank you Lord !

I guess what happened is when I put the tailgate up it hit the wallet out of my shirt pocket but I didn't notice it happen...

I must apologize for no pictures again...I took my camera but didn't remember to take pics of the fish...like my pal Nanook used to say "It's me age ...don't you know"

What a day eh ???

Edited by Beans

...some of my carp buddies have had multiple days...like fifteen or twenty...(Sigh*)

Will keep you posted...and will try to remember camera...

Numbers cease to matter when you're in the company of good friends...Hope to see you out sometime this season :)

Great reports BTW :)

Numbers cease to matter when you're in the company of good friends...Hope to see you out sometime this season :)

Great reports BTW :)

Thanks Mike...Coming from the Master Carper of OFC that means alot...

Well, that's encouraging. Over the past week or so, I've made two cracks at the all-mighty carp to no avail, but I am learning a lot each time. Lots of reading in the past week, and I think I may have mastered the bolt rig as of about an hour ago! The world of bait preparation is pretty intimidating, but I'm not worried about that stuff too much yet.

Keep us posted! I'd love to hit up a few Kawartha holes I know of that would be just brimming with carp right now. :)