some days it doesn't pay to smoke.

grt1

This morning i took an hour or so to try my luck at the little river just down the road from the house to see if i could upgrade my pike submission for team 10. After 30 minutes, there hadn't been a bite so i ventured up to the truck and pulled out a cigar to sit back and enjoy. Sure as shootin, i no sooner had a couple puffs when my line starts to run.

Now being the prepared fisherman that i am, i had put my cigar holder on my chair just in case this happened. I grabbed my pole and set the hook (i thought) then fumbled around to put my cigar in the holder. while doing this i let out some slack line so the pike could run a bit. This was not a good idea.

by the time i got the cigar in the holder, the pike had spit the hook but kept the bait. (it had to be a big pike 40 inches plus as it's always the big ones that get away.)

What a bummer, after that the cigar just didn't have the same soothing effect as it did prior to the bite.

I've been told the cigars are going to kill me, but today they just got me a little po'd.

That was the only bite i had so maybe tomorrow, i'll try again after all, i still got more cigars in the truck