Fishing and Hunting shows

rmarentette

worthy.gif

One can never spend too much on excellent coffee paraphenalia.angel.png

It's true.

I've become a total coffee snob and I find it very hard to find a decent cup unless it has been brewed by me. <_<

Starbucks expresso roast is horrible!!!!

Nasty beans. upck.gif

I found that Dunkin' Doughnuts in the states had a much better grind.

Most of the stands in Alaska have horrible grinds which I find strange because that is where I first got turned onto expresso. Since I started brewing my own I think I have become more critical of the brew. :rolleyes:

I even take it with me to Alaska evry fall.

I have it hooked up to a generator and it has a place of honour in my camper. :lol:

Eventually hope to have a Rancilio Silva and a Rancilio Rocky grinder. B)

I'm sorry, but taking the cappuchino machine camping is so urban limp wristed. Whatever happened to the good old tin pot over the fire, a dash of salt and some eggshells fer good measure. A man should be able to chew his coffee :tease:

I'm sorry, but taking the cappuchino machine camping is so urban limp wristed. Whatever happened to the good old tin pot over the fire, a dash of salt and some eggshells fer good measure. A man should be able to chew his coffee tease.gif

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Bruce, you havent experienced the out doors, until you hear the hiss of 15 bar steam transforming lightly chilled milk into a frenzied froth, and savoured the aroma of strong coffee being forced through tiny strainer holes into a gently warmed Cappucino mug, all the while, hearing the humm of a 3000 watt gas generator in the background.

Its a piece of rugged outdoor heaven.clapping.gif

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Bruce, you havent experienced the out doors, until you hear the hiss of 15 bar steam transforming lightly chilled milk into a frenzied froth, and savoured the aroma of strong coffee being forced through tiny strainer holes into a gently warmed Cappucino mug, all the while, hearing the humm of a 3000 watt gas generator in the background.

Its a piece of rugged outdoor heaven.clapping.gif

You got that right!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

SRY but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

A history lesson for you Missfish......

Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX) is an international coffee company and coffeehouse chain based in Seattle, Washington. Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 19,555 stores in 58 countries, including 12,811 in the United States, 1,248 in Canada, 965 in Japan, 766 in Great Britain, 580 in China and 420 in South Korea, for an increase in 0.4%, 0.6%, 0.7%, 0.3%, 2.1% and 4.2% since April 5, 2012, respectively.[1]

Starbucks sells drip brewed coffee, espresso-based hot drinks, other hot and cold drinks, coffee beans, salads, hot and cold sandwiches and panini, pastries, snacks, and items such as mugs and tumblers. Through the Starbucks Entertainment division and Hear Music brand, the company also markets books, music, and film. Many of the company's products are seasonal or specific to the locality of the store. Starbucks-brand ice cream and coffee are also offered at grocery stores.

From Starbucks' founding in later forms in Seattle as a local coffee bean roaster and retailer, the company has expanded rapidly. In the 1990s, Starbucks was opening a new store every workday, a pace that continued into the 2000s. The first store outside the United States or Canada opened in the mid-1990s, and overseas stores now constitute almost one third of Starbucks' stores.[4] The company planned to open a net of 900 new stores outside of the United States in 2009,[5] but has announced 300 store closures in the United States since 2008.[6]

Saeco makes coffee machines that make coffee. Only coffee, not books or music or sangwiches.If saeco ever makes espresso/sangwich/ereader/boombox combinations, i will switch to another brand, cause the coffee will taste like dung.w00t.gif

As for the original topic, i noticed last night that there is a disclaimer even on swamp people,and Sons of Guns tells you not to play with guns at homerofl2.gif

I don't mind if vegetarians take me to task for fishing, at least by giving up meat they have the courage of their convictions. The ones who have no right are those people who happily buy a steak or chicken at the supermarket and then decry hunting. Phonies, no other word for it. They are paying someone at a slaughterhouse to do the dirty work they won't do themselves. If they'll admit they can't bring themselves to do it, that's fine by me, just don't pick on those who do.

I hate phonies with a passion.

A history lesson for you Missfish......

Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX) is an international coffee company and coffeehouse chain based in Seattle, Washington. Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 19,555 stores in 58 countries, including 12,811 in the United States, 1,248 in Canada, 965 in Japan, 766 in Great Britain, 580 in China and 420 in South Korea, for an increase in 0.4%, 0.6%, 0.7%, 0.3%, 2.1% and 4.2% since April 5, 2012, respectively.[1]

Starbucks sells drip brewed coffee, espresso-based hot drinks, other hot and cold drinks, coffee beans, salads, hot and cold sandwiches and panini, pastries, snacks, and items such as mugs and tumblers. Through the Starbucks Entertainment division and Hear Music brand, the company also markets books, music, and film. Many of the company's products are seasonal or specific to the locality of the store. Starbucks-brand ice cream and coffee are also offered at grocery stores.

From Starbucks' founding in later forms in Seattle as a local coffee bean roaster and retailer, the company has expanded rapidly. In the 1990s, Starbucks was opening a new store every workday, a pace that continued into the 2000s. The first store outside the United States or Canada opened in the mid-1990s, and overseas stores now constitute almost one third of Starbucks' stores.[4] The company planned to open a net of 900 new stores outside of the United States in 2009,[5] but has announced 300 store closures in the United States since 2008.[6]

THAT WAS MEANT TO MEAN,THEY DONT MAKE THE BEST COFFEE. :sarcasm:

I think they do something to their coffee and get you hooked on it like a drug. :whistling::rofl2:

Thanks for the history lesson BB. :good:

Edited by Misfish

THAT WAS MEANT TO MEAN,THEY DONT MAKE THE BEST COFFEE. :sarcasm:

I think they do something to their coffee and get you hooked on it like a drug. :whistling::rofl2:

Thanks for the history lesson BB. :good:

Based on your taste they don't make a good cup of coffee......however, a business doesn't become the largest in it's own industry by not making a good product....my only problem with Starbucks is the cost.....even their beans from Sam's Club are about $9.50 per lb.....so this time I purchased Sam's Club brand...it's a French Roast and I tried it the first time today....ground just enough for a couple of days and put the remaining beans in the freezer...it was DELICIOUS.... :)

Everyone has their own taste when it comes to coffee....Drifter says he likes Dunkin Donuts for his coffee....I think it's weak, too weak for me....Tim Horton's here is a big hit and I like it....but I only purchase coffee one day a week while driving on Tuesday's....Since Starbuck's don't have drive thru service here I choose either Timmy's or McDonalds....and with McDonalds selling coffee for only .79 per any size cup....you can guess where the Redneck will be found...LOL

Based on your taste they don't make a good cup of coffee......however, a business doesn't become the largest in it's own industry by not making a good product....my only problem with Starbucks is the cost.....even their beans from Sam's Club are about $9.50 per lb.....so this time I purchased Sam's Club brand...it's a French Roast and I tried it the first time today....ground just enough for a couple of days and put the remaining beans in the freezer...it was DELICIOUS.... :)

Everyone has their own taste when it comes to coffee....Drifter says he likes Dunkin Donuts for his coffee....I think it's weak, too weak for me....Tim Horton's here is a big hit and I like it....but I only purchase coffee one day a week while driving on Tuesday's....Since Starbuck's don't have drive thru service here I choose either Timmy's or McDonalds....and with McDonalds selling coffee for only .79 per any size cup....you can guess where the Redneck will be found...LOL

Starbucks beans suck. I can't help if the masses of sheep think otherwise.

The same thing goes here in Canada with Tim Hortons thier coffee sucks but no where near as bad as their expresso!!!!

Try your Dunkin Doughnuts coffee with a shot of expresso in it. Much better. I have never had plain coffee at Dunkin so can't comment on it.

McDonalds coffee has come a long way since the old days. I can say that it is (at least IMO) the best plain old coffee to be had out there. Haven't tried their expresso drinks yet though.

Starbucks beans suck. I can't help if the masses of sheep think otherwise.

The same thing goes here in Canada with Tim Hortons thier coffee sucks but no where near as bad as their expresso!!!!

Try your Dunkin Doughnuts coffee with a shot of expresso in it. Much better. I have never had plain coffee at Dunkin so can't comment on it.

McDonalds coffee has come a long way since the old days. I can say that it is (at least IMO) the best plain old coffee to be had out there. Haven't tried their expresso drinks yet though.

''THIS THREAD DISCUSSES A SUBSTANCE KNOWN TO BE A STIMULANT BY THE FDA....VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED''

rolleyes.gif