Which octane for older 2 strokes

MSBruno

Ahh ok so I got some info about shell gas... so What Shell has done since the latest thing is scammed out the regulations. The 5% renewable mandate is based on the total amount refined. so what they have done is increase the amount of ethanol in the bronze gas, and this leaves them with enough headroom to manufacture 91 octane without any ethanol... Petro Can fuels at 94 octane all have ethanol...

Here is the quote fromt he Email.... so if you want ethanol free go for the V-Power... or cheack around with the smaller places...

Jedi

Can you ask him about their fuels North of the 60th parallel?

I'm pretty certain that none of the fuels up here have ethanol, but would like to know for certain.

Seriously guys, Super has had ethanol in it for a long time here in ontario. There are only about 4 or 5 gas stations in the GTA that sell ethanol free. And some of that is NOT super.

I didnt want to name a brand, but yes, it's shell V-power only in my new boat. The pump has a sticker that states Ethenol free. I actually go out of my way to get it as its not really close to home .. I have to pick it up on my way home from work!!

Just by the cheapest gas, If she BLOWS, go by new. Chances she was going anyways. Good excuse to tell the wife :w00t: Then you can step up to a new 4 stroke and might save your life one day on the big water. Old 2 strokes are not worth much anyways. That's what the marina told me. Of course he wants in my back pocket. :D