Cablela's Store in Dundee Michigan

Guest mistyriver1

Guest mistyriver1

On our way down to Tennessee, we stopped in at the Cabelas store in Dundee Michigan. It is quite the place. The store is huge but to be honest I wish there was more room in the aisle ways. If you met someone in the aisles with a cart you would have to back up to let them through. Still a very cool place and well worth a visit.

102_4475.jpg

102_4479.jpg

102_4477.jpg

I think they own the town....

102_4484.jpg

The aquarium was very impressive...

102_4410.jpg

102_4404.jpg

There were some huge catfish...

102_4403.jpg

102_4402.jpg

This one turned out awesome....my new avatar ... B)

102_4409.jpg

Some more pics from around the store....

102_4464.jpg

102_4411.jpg

102_4417.jpg

102_4422.jpg

102_4429.jpg

A couple of shots from the 2nd floor restaurant...

102_4444.jpg

102_4443.jpg

102_4449.jpg

102_4452.jpg

102_4453.jpg

102_4458.jpg

102_4466.jpg

Guest lundboy

I remember they used to have a live bait room that was about 50'x50', and had the walls lined with Northland Jig heads in bulk bins. You could pickup a baggie and fill it up with your choice mix and match and it was charged by the weight.

Is that still there?

I remember they used to have a live bait room that was about 50'x50', and had the walls lined with Northland Jig heads in bulk bins. You could pickup a baggie and fill it up with your choice mix and match and it was charged by the weight.

Is that still there?

Yes the live bait room is still there.

It's a nice store to visit but they rarely ever have any good deals like BPS does at their Spring Classic. If you go to Cabela's, stay out of the so called "Bargin Cave" because there are no bargins to be found in there.

Yes the live bait room is still there.

It's a nice store to visit but they rarely ever have any good deals like BPS does at their Spring Classic. If you go to Cabela's, stay out of the so called "Bargin Cave" because there are no bargins to be found in there.

I love the Bargin Cave it depends on what you are looking for I have found some great deals through the years at caballas not just the Dundee one.

I love the Caballas stores over the BPS that I have been to there is another BPS opening in 2008 in Toledo OH right on HWy 75 they just brought in there trailer this week it has COMMING SOON on the side with there logo I can not wait it will be nice to stop in and just pick up a couple things when ever I want with passing by everyday it might be hard to not get into there.

The Dundee store is great and very helpful people there. the tank is alot bigger then BPS in T.O. you can walk through it like a cave. it is worth the visit if your passing by.

Jim had I known you were heading past it I could have let you know where Gander Mountain was and also Jans Net Craft you would have passed both of them. Glad you had a blast there

The Dundee store is great and very helpful people there. the tank is alot bigger then BPS in T.O. you can walk through it like a cave. it is worth the visit if your passing by.

Yes the guys at Cabela's are a lot more helpful than BPS. The guys at BPS always want to push the BPS brand stuff on you.Their fish tank is great especially the salmon tank & the Steelhead stream.

Edited by Zib