Quinte in the spring?

mike rousseau

just wondering how fishing in quinte is around opener and how you guys fish em...

do people still troll planers for suspended fish?

or is it mostly a jig bite?

are there many of those quinte pigs caught at that time of year...?

i know around here a lot of spring and fall locations/techniques are the same...

anyways...

thanks for any info given

mike

Used to absolutely SLAM them in Hay Bay during the opener.. Although it's got a lot more weeds then it used to. Nothing but trolling harnesses for us.. Simple stuff.

on flats?

on structure?

suspended or on the bottom?

i heard eirie deiries(sp?) work well up there in the spring

i cant seem to find anything online about spring walleye in quinte

on flats?

on structure?

suspended or on the bottom?

i heard eirie deiries(sp?) work well up there in the spring

i cant seem to find anything online about spring walleye in quinte

Troll really slow and use bottom bouncers with a worm harness..

You can also catch them trolling (again real slow) with smaller crankbaits (ccshad or small taildancer).

I fish the weed in the spring. Weedlines, clumps and scattered new growth.

Bucktails are my favourite but will use suspending jerkbaits and dunk grubs too.

Edited by Harrison

Trolling 1/4 oz cranks off of lead core in Big Bay. Look for breaks in the water temps where shallow bays meet the main body of water and troll the temp breaks... I use lead core as it allows me to easily repeat depths and dial them in on the flats.... anything with purple from a crank perspective...

HH

is the fishing very good in the spring?

like here we get lots of fish in the spring but all 2-3 pounds mostly...but 10-20+ a day...

i was wondering if the big girls still get caught fairly regular in the spring? or do you get really high numbers of smaller fish like us...?

is the fishing very good in the spring?

like here we get lots of fish in the spring but all 2-3 pounds mostly...but 10-20+ a day...

i was wondering if the big girls still get caught fairly regular in the spring? or do you get really high numbers of smaller fish like us...?

As has been said, you are going to get small fish this time of year... biggins have already headed back to Lake O... 1-4 lb range and the occassional gator/water goat/silver bass/white perch....

HH

ah...ok...

i was curios because i was reading about the kawanis(sp) tourney and wondering what the heck could draw/support a tournament with 5000+ people in it...

Good eats would be my guess... although that said, I personally don't care for the flavour of Quinte eyes....

HH