Hello fellow anglers

Ralph Field

I think that it is time I introduce my self. My name is Ralph Field and I am a 64 year old retired high school mathematics teacher. While teaching I ran a fishing club at the school to excite students about fishing. I have been fishing for as long as I can remember. When my children were young we took them to Doe Lake fishing each summer. This went on for many years and even when they lost interest ,because of their jobs my wife and I continued to go for a few more years, 26 in total. I have fished for most of the fish that swim in our waters. Many of my fishing partners are not able to fish due to health problems or have past away so these days I fish solo most of the time and mainly only for steelhead now. Due to a snow shoveling spill last February in which I broke my ankle I missed all of the fishing in 2011. I will be having a third and final ankle operation in April which means that I will be laid up and will miss the spring run again. Looking forward to the fall run by which time I'm hoping to get back on the water. Hope you all have a great spring and summer season and look forward to your pictures and stories until I can rejoin you on the water.

A pleasure to have you here Ralph, like you a few health issues and surgeries have left me less than able to get stream side for steel but I'm hoping that next fall will offer me more time on the water.

Good health to you and again, nice to have you here. thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes for my recovery. Misfish doe Lake is at Katrine as you suggested. This operation is called the final solution which means that they will be fusing my ankle this time which "should" eliminate the constant pain that I have had to endure this past year. I forgot to mention in my introduction that I'm from London Ontario.

Edited by staffman