2 stroke oil

Flappn

Hello Folks, wondering if someone can offer their opinion on which oil is better to use for 2 stroke motors, "Mercury Premium 2 Stroke Oil" or "Mercury Premium Plus 2 Stroke Oil (synthetic blend)"? And why?

Thank you

Depends on the motor really. If it's a older 2-stroke that's had dino based premix all it's life, I'd just keep using that. If it's a new oil, then start it on the synthetic stuff and stick with it... I run Silkolene Pro2 and Comp2 in all of my 2-stroke engines (weedeater, dirtbike, etc)

Depends on the motor really. If it's a older 2-stroke that's had dino based premix all it's life, I'd just keep using that. If it's a new oil, then start it on the synthetic stuff and stick with it... I run Silkolene Pro2 and Comp2 in all of my 2-stroke engines (weedeater, dirtbike, etc)

I THINK EITHER OIL IS OK, I FIND THE SYNTHETIC STINKS MORE AND IF YOUR AT THE BACK OF THE BOAT WITH THE MOTOR RUNNING..LIKE DOWNRIGGING...IT BECOMES NOXIOUS..IMO

How much money you want to spend/waste is my question.....

My 1985 Johnson VRO 50hp is currently running on Johnson oil because a friend gave me 2.5 gallons of it.....before that it was Walmart SuperTech for the last 10 years or so....before that Lubermatic for about 8 years....after this free 2.5 gallons is gone I have a free gallon of Merc Silver Oil and then after that it will be Walmart SuperTech again as it runs great on it....just like all the other oils it has eaten in the last 27 years......I was getting the Walmart SuperTech for $8.99 per gallon.....but I'm sure the price has increased lately, just like everything else... :rolleyes:

Just run quaility oil, they are not all created equal even though they meet tcw3 specs. Myself Ive ran straight penzoil plus turning up to 7200 rpm @40-1 premixed though) and used amsoil for yrs, right now running 2/3 penzoil with 1/3 amsoil and seafoam. Your running a low rpm recreational engine so synthetic isnt needed but it would extend your ring life some. Just dont run junk oil.