Cormorants....

I've my own methods... MUAH HAHAAH (ringing hands)..

I second that notion. Migratory bird laws asside, something needs to be done. Not only are the trees and fishes in geopardy; the local nesting colony of Black Crested Night Herons, one of the largest in North America, are on the verge of having their nesting sites taken right out from under them.

Death to all cormorants!

I only saw about a dozen at Ashbridges this morning, but I spose I was too early to see anymore, but some days the place is loaded with them.

I forget the exact numbers, but it's something like 6000 that were culled down near Quinte a couple years ago, then I remember watching the news about a year ago and they were trying another cull in the same area, but the P3TA groups were in the water near the birds with canoes and nobody could do any shooting with them there.

Never did hear if the cull went ahead after that.

Well my grandfather is passed away now, so I can say with no worries that he use to shoot them almost every day once they started eating the fish under his dock many years ago. :D I'm still young, but I know things were different back then because the neighbours would call the cops and they would show up and have a drink with my grandfather (lemonade of course) and that's about it.