electrical question

tomO

i built a gazeebo a few years back and equipped it with two lines of solar string lights and it gave off more than sufficient light for solalizing but you definatly wouldnt read a book under it .....so the next Gazeebo i added solar spots(without the string lights) and you could easily read a book under as well as socialize...then realized ...who reads books these days ...the illumination of an ipad does wonders...in comparison to price i think solar is still the way to go after you factor in the price of wire and lights (assuming the OP has 10/2 running to the well house and then the lights on top of that solar is most likely cheaper....i go by the two projects all the time and after three years both are still working as they were.....string lights i think i paid 40 bucks per string and the spots were 60 bucks for 4 ....money well spent in my opinion when you dont have to worry about turning them off after use

if there is a neutral in the line you can grab 1 leg and a neutral and run a light. likely there is not, so you can't get 120 without running more wire.

of course, there is a way but..wait forget it bad idea.

Good idea,we don't need to offer Questionable ideas.:whistling:

The 220 line is made of 2 120 volt legs without a return (neutral) you might be told that you can split it and use the ground as a neutral. This is not an idea you should consider it will turn all of the neutrals in the panel box hot and can cause a fire or a shocking hazard.

Art