Ice floe trollers on Simcoe have to pay up...

Harrison

that begs the question as to whether what happened to them was unforeseen...

there's a difference between getting caught in an unfortunate circumstance and putting yourself in one.

if that makes me "un-canadian" then so be it. i'm moving to Logic-istan.

i mean if my fishing accident i may encounter is truly unforeseen...

by making these people pay...it will make it easier and easier for the government to pass judgment saying you were not using good judgment... then maybe some day all rescues in canada will have a hefty price tag attached to it...

They are claiming $200/hr for the air boat and $100/hr for each volunteer firefighter. I doubt that boat is burning that much fuel and I know for a fact the firemen do not earn that amount of money. I thought they were just wanting to recover the cost?

if an accident is truly unforeseen i don't expect people to pay. this was far from unforeseen.

To you it was unforeseen

The first guy out there didn't think of it...the second didn't either...the ones after that said, hmm,,,they are out there, it must be safe enough.

How can you say that many people were wrong if it was so easily foreseen

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

to me, it was completely foreseen.

standing on the ice after unseasonably mild weather near open water on a windy day? hahaha... if you think that's logical then it's your funeral. just don't expect me to pay for it.

standing on the ice after unseasonably mild weather near open water on a windy day? hahaha... if you think that's logical then it's your funeral. just don't expect me to pay for it.

There was no funeral...they got rescued :whistling:

And look where it happened.

This is the first year in a long time that we haven't seen a picture of a sunken parking lot coming from that bunch :clapping:

next think you know we will have to pay for eye exams

for the last two years we do....125 bucks

if they renamed the fine to Stupidity then im sure we would all sit back and chuckle at the people that got the fines....furthermore they should start a club of fined participants

BB i see your point for sure....but SOMETIMES people need to be protected from themselves and this could be a deterring factor for those that arent capable of thinking properly

It sounds like Canada's Best Know it all in here but remember only one person wins , you all have seven more minutes to complete the debait for this posting , then i would like to have one of you pick our winner ..........................rofl2.gif

It sounds like Canada's Best Know it all in here but remember only one person wins , you all have seven more minutes to complete the debait for this posting , then i would like to have one of you pick our winner ..........................rofl2.gif

debait?

thats like, taking a worm off of your hook right? :whistling:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

debait?

thats like, taking a worm off of your hook right? :whistling:

and if you remove a whole bunch of worms is it a "mass debait"?

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

What ever , i just know it can't be won ............... lol

there's no "winning" and there will never be any consensus on any opinion based issue.

the only consensus today seems to be that people like double entendre.

If you start to charge people for rescue operations, you will now run the risk of people trying to rescue themselves to avoid paying for it.

Well at that point, I guess Darwin kicks in.

WE are talking about 26 guys who had the missfortune of being blown offshore (Im sure theres a old joke there , EYE BILLY >> ) But there were probably 1,000 guys on the lake that day , in different areas that made it home without helocopter assistence .. WHAT ABOUT THEM ????? But this is comeing from a guy who one time put my car thru the ice on the bog late one year , lucky it was the bog 10 feet from shore , water only came up to the doors , climbed out windows , a winch and half an hour ,we were home free, stupid maybe but than again fished with over 100 guys in sight that day ... Stuff happens thats why we have a rescue squad, isnt it ??? Stop people from going out if its so unsafe and the township sure doesnt refuse the tax dollars that come from the timmies etc. in the area that the ice fishers go to , without icefishing that area in the winter would be dead , cant let people go out , even advertise that great winter get aways the area offers and than double tax the guys who YOU LET GO THERE and now things happen .. BAN ICEFISHING ON SIMCOE than you never have to worry about something like this .. Damn the gas stations in the area with the taxes they pay from silly people who fill up their tanks to get home more than pay for this ... BAN EVERYTHING WHERE THERE IS A CHANCE OF SOMEONE GETTING HURT >> Stay in bed guys .. OH NO some mattresses can cause back problams .. AHHHHH ...

Edited by capt bruce

why is it when people see red flags flying in the summer time on any given great lakes beach they know not to go into the water because of undertow...does the government need to make a new DIFFERENT COLOUR flag for ice fishers when the ice isnt safe :wallbash: maybe they can get the MNR to post them for those that cant understand verbal warnings :whistling: .....i do think restructuring the fines is in order though...if they fined each person the same value of their equipment they have with them it would seperate the novice to the experienced...hence educating the novice to the dangers and punishing the experienced for acting stupid....

Edited by Twocoda

why is it when people see red flags flying in the summer time on any given great lakes beach they know not to go into the water because of undertow...does the government need to make a new DIFFERENT COLOUR flag for ice fishers when the ice isnt safe :wallbash: maybe they can get the MNR to post them for those that cant understand verbal warnings :whistling: .....i do think restructuring the fines is in order though...if they fined each person the same value of their equipment they have with them it would seperate the novice to the experienced...hence educating the novice to the dangers and punishing the experienced for acting stupid....

I like the idea of one free pass,if/only(you weren't aware) the waters or lakes were deemed unsafe and well warned in advanced. We all take chances from time to time but we have to find ways of making ourselves aware of what the day a head could be.

Edited by davey buoy

O' but can you amagin the air boat cost to put doe's tin ice signs out on da tin ice ,,,,,,,,,, LOL .