What'd I screw up ??

lew

Always something stupid Lew... glad you got it figured out. Mine was too much plastic.. not enough throw... in the switch and after some trimming of the rocker it worked fine.

MMike.. what's complicated.. one quick harness for speedy boat assembly. Keeps the costs down, that many of us whine about.

Lew, does your ignition key need to be in ACC. or RUN position for these things to work? If you're hotwiring and it's working...well....??

My thought exactly as roy meantioned. And another thing many people forget and I do as well. Did you properly check for ground at the horn. Or evern a continuity test on the ground wire.

One thing I have come across with switchs like the one you postes, while undoing the nut, the switch tends to twist or turn, unknowingly aa wire can be pulled from a but connector with shrink tubing on it, and never realizing it.

One other thing I have come across with that same type of switch, in which i do have one. Is that its a factory screw up. Mine has a red button and was specifically purchased to cut the power off of a pup engine for a crane.

No blown fuse on your part so I see a bad ground.

Always something stupid Lew... glad you got it figured out. Mine was too much plastic.. not enough throw... in the switch and after some trimming of the rocker it worked fine.

MMike.. what's complicated.. one quick harness for speedy boat assembly. Keeps the costs down, that many of us whine about.

until you have to troubleshoot something :whistling:

i prefer having a terminal strip with a power supply and 2 wires a red and black... one piece wire all the way to the electronic equipment... with a fuse depending on the equipment...

very few connections... at the power and at the equipment...

but im a big guy and dont like twisting into tight places and standing on my head with a flashlight trying to figure out what harness broke...

but thats just me... i like things the easy way....

Mike,you think that`s complicated.Don`t ever get into aircraft or heavy equipment.PLC system are even more fun.

lol

ive seen some pretty big complicated panels before...pretty intimidating...hundreds of wires... makes it hard to color code...lol

im just saying... the wiring could be made way more simple then it is... i know... i rewired my lund front to back... now if something goes its super easy to figure out what happened... 2-3 steps....max...problem is solved...

Depends where you are

cor in France,

corn in Romania

corn ffrengig in Welsh

corno in Italy and Mexico,

fa kuo how in Taiwan,

Franse Horing in Afrikaans,

hoorn or waldhoorn in The Netherlands,

Horn or Waldhorn in Germany,

käyrätorvi in Finland,

Keren Yaar in Hebrew,

Korno in Turkey,

Kurnu in Malta,

lesní roh in Czechoslovakia,

lesný roh in Slovak,

metsasarv in Estonia,

trompa in Spanish and Portuguese,

vadaszkürt in Hungary,

valdhorn in Denmark,

valthorn in Sweden,

valtorn in Russia,

valtorna in Lithuania

waltornia in Poland,

yuan how in Mandarin Chinese, and

yuen ho in Hong Kong Chinese.

lol

ive seen some pretty big complicated panels before...pretty intimidating...hundreds of wires... makes it hard to color code...lol

im just saying... the wiring could be made way more simple then it is... i know... i rewired my lund front to back... now if something goes its super easy to figure out what happened... 2-3 steps....max...problem is solved...

I rewired my Fisher as well.

Instead of having wires all over the place behind my helm I now have 2 bus bars for + & - and all the fuses are accessible from the front of the console (they are located under the cover of my switch panel). I also installed 2 quick disconnects for the dash wiring so that dash removal is simple for any work that may need to be done in the future.

reverse.jpg

The cover on the switch panel pops off to reveal the fuses. :good: :good:

front.jpg

HI LEW BOTH of the wires are the same colour . There for the wires are ethere hot with power or no power cold for ground. THE switch only closes the ciruit. its the same as if you put the two wires togethere. my guess is they are cold ground wires and are working a relay switch back under the dash. if you put power to them you will damage the relay.. so don't put power to them. if you put power to a ground relay it will weld its self closed and say closed some times if the power is to much. There is no doubt that the switch is just closeing the ciruit. BECAUSE THE WIRES ARE THE SAME COLOUR. I hope this will help you out SIR.

Depends where you are

cor in France,

corn in Romania

corn ffrengig in Welsh

corno in Italy and Mexico,

fa kuo how in Taiwan,

Franse Horing in Afrikaans,

hoorn or waldhoorn in The Netherlands,

Horn or Waldhorn in Germany,

käyrätorvi in Finland,

Keren Yaar in Hebrew,

Korno in Turkey,

Kurnu in Malta,

lesní roh in Czechoslovakia,

lesný roh in Slovak,

metsasarv in Estonia,

trompa in Spanish and Portuguese,

vadaszkürt in Hungary,

valdhorn in Denmark,

valthorn in Sweden,

valtorn in Russia,

valtorna in Lithuania

waltornia in Poland,

yuan how in Mandarin Chinese, and

yuen ho in Hong Kong Chinese.

Forgot one Dan.Stuck in traffic.

I`m going to shove that thing up where the sun doesn`t shine if you keep blowing it.

I rewired my Fisher as well.

Instead of having wires all over the place behind my helm I now have 2 bus bars for + & - and all the fuses are accessible from the front of the console (they are located under the cover of my switch panel). I also installed 2 quick disconnects for the dash wiring so that dash removal is simple for any work that may need to be done in the future.

reverse.jpg

The cover on the switch panel pops off to reveal the fuses. :good: :good:

front.jpg

Great job on the rewire Dave, you appear to have as many gauges & switches as my boat but with only a fraction of the wires.

I think the boat manufacturers could take a lesson from you.

The square white disconnect plug in the bottom left of your picture is where my problem was. One of the wires coming from the switch pulled out of the plug just a tiny bit but the way it was situated I couldn't see it until I pulled it apart and turned it around.

Edited by lew