Carp Season off to a great (early) start

mike rousseau

well...

in previous years the earliest ive ever caught a carp has been April 2nd...

this year a new friend landed one on March 15th... and i was happy to be his net man...

it was small... but sometimes the small ones mean more then the big ones...

March15th2012Vali.jpg

then i got a posse together and headed out on the 18th... we had 4 runs and landed 3 of them... so each of us landed a March carp that day and one of my new found friends got his first ever carp and biggest fish ever.... i love being able to help people do that...

481498_10151402496740080_756855079_23482971_153413346_n.jpg

481528_10151402500875080_756855079_23483011_1686414322_n.jpg

483314_10151402488365080_756855079_23482889_331051953_n.jpg

then me and a buddy got out today... and man was it hot... we were sprawled out in our chairs with our shirts off just BAKING in the sun... skin got a BIT pink today...lol

today we had 6 runs in 2 different spots and landed 3... all small but still fun in march...

only one pic from today because they were so small but my friend wanted a pic of his new smallest carp ever...lol

bb96b3dc.jpg

mike

Some nice looking fishies for March, what were they hitting Corn?

Tight Lines SBKGonefishing.gif

Yup... Canned corn... Only 1-2 kernels... Keep it small early...

Also had some runs on a trimmed down boilie...

And one of the rods we were using method mix... The other just had the corn... And we put no freebies out....

Yup, this early spring( or summer? )has got the carp going earlier than last year. An nice bonus for those of us who enjoy fishing for 'em. Good job by you and your buds, Mike. Nice, clean looking carp you guys hooked into there! And a good tip about not over feeding yet.

Yup, this early spring( or summer? )has got the carp going earlier than last year. An nice bonus for those of us who enjoy fishing for 'em. Good job by you and your buds, Mike. Nice, clean looking carp you guys hooked into there! And a good tip about not over feeding yet.

yeaeh... right now your fishing for one bite at a time... your goal is that single bite... then if you get it... worry about the next bite... and so on...

but in a month... you wanna set the BUFFET for em... you'll wanna have multiple fish feeding at all times... and LOTS of bait going in steady all day....