this is awesome footage of the ladder

chessy

I spent a lot of time there at the dam when I went to school there in the 80's. I can tell you that I've never seen that many fish jumping at the same time even when 15000+ went thru the ladder. Makes you wonder how many get left behind that cannot find the ladder. I was sure that they would have blew out that dam since it is old, but with todays red tape, it is no surprise that it is still there. I'll bet that if they got rid of that dam, the runs would increase even more. It really serves no purpose because lampreys cannot get over the rapids and falls down at the town.

I spent a lot of time there at the dam when I went to school there in the 80's. I can tell you that I've never seen that many fish jumping at the same time even when 15000+ went thru the ladder. Makes you wonder how many get left behind that cannot find the ladder. I was sure that they would have blew out that dam since it is old, but with todays red tape, it is no surprise that it is still there. I'll bet that if they got rid of that dam, the runs would increase even more. It really serves no purpose because lampreys cannot get over the rapids and falls down at the town.

we have gotten lamprey at the ladder .. and have peeled lampreys off fish before we sample them

Wow, talk about loaded! It's too bad the ladder didn't take up a bigger section of the dam... Some of those fish are just going to jump and jump and get nowhere.

the water is high so they will jump at all locations .. we have removed a log from the ladder and there is more flow going out the entrance to draw fish over .. if the mnr would replace the gabian baskets at the other side of the river .. it would direct the water flow towards the entrance of the ladder

the water is high so they will jump at all locations .. we have removed a log from the ladder and there is more flow going out the entrance to draw fish over .. if the mnr would replace the gabian baskets at the other side of the river .. it would direct the water flow towards the entrance of the ladder

Let's hope they do that..

What's sad is the fish that don't find the entrance to the ladder will jump and jump get tired and drop back to spawn below the dam then get slaughtered on opener. Kinda reminds me of the opener in 98 when only 3500 fish made it through the ladder by opening day what a mess that was.

Rich.

What's sad is the fish that don't find the entrance to the ladder will jump and jump get tired and drop back to spawn below the dam then get slaughtered on opener. Kinda reminds me of the opener in 98 when only 3500 fish made it through the ladder by opening day what a mess that was.

Rich.

Yes and i think that is the year that my hatred for the ofah came about, we wanted to put a temp sanctuaries on parts of the river so no fishing could be done the ofah said not a chance that is when our mayor stepped in and said fine there will be no trespassing signs and no fishing rods in a park ect ect.. the ofah then allowed the sanctuaries to go in ..