Pens vrs NYR

jedimaster

It just seemed like there was a talk before the game for the rangers not to touch crosby, on his assist he had two that that could have pasted him, he is still skating with his head down, its just a matter of time before he gets levelled and is out again. IMO, if he goes down again he is done for good. No use in eating from a straw to just to play hockey.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

2 assists tonight for Crosby doesn't seem too detached to me.

he got 1 assist i believe but he looked fine for a guy who has hardly played this year. jedimaster sees everything through his blue glasses, even people on other teams. you know who looks detached? your GM!!!!

Pens are strong, and I have always been a big fan of crosby. However I am not a jaded hockey fan. I see it for what it is. He looked like a leafer out there. poking at pucks from 6 feet away. Hopefully he listens to Cherry this time and keeps out of the mix or he is gonna be just begging for someone to run him through the boards. New York even looked like they were going easy on him throughout the game. A chop here and there, but noone seemed to want to rub him out. Big mistake letting him get back into the lineup this year, imo. Once the playoffs roll around if he is producing points people aren't going to go easy on him. Especially teams like Boston and New York.

Pens are strong, and I have always been a big fan of crosby. However I am not a jaded hockey fan. I see it for what it is. He looked like a leafer out there. poking at pucks from 6 feet away. Hopefully he listens to Cherry this time and keeps out of the mix or he is gonna be just begging for someone to run him through the boards. New York even looked like they were going easy on him throughout the game. A chop here and there, but noone seemed to want to rub him out. Big mistake letting him get back into the lineup this year, imo. Once the playoffs roll around if he is producing points people aren't going to go easy on him. Especially teams like Boston and New York.

First game back so I thought he did okay. I'm sure he'll work into the flow over time. I hope he can stay healthy. GO PENS!!

he got 1 assist i believe but he looked fine for a guy who has hardly played this year. jedimaster sees everything through his blue glasses, even people on other teams. you know who looks detached? your GM!!!!

Yeah, that was weird. I didn't catch the end of the game, so I checked the box score on NHL.com and I swore I saw that Sid had 2 assists, and then I looked just now and it says one. He was up there for 2, I'm sure of it, last night.

Good point on Jedi, as well. I'm born and raised in southwestern Ontario, Leafs fan my whole life, but beyond that, I'm a hockey fan pure and simple and I like watching talented players and teams play good hockey. You're just as likely to find me watching a Calgary game or a Pens game as you would a Leafs game (moreso lately, cause the Leafs just plain suck!). There's no denying Sid is one of the best ever and arguably the best player currently playing. To come back after missing the last 40 games and still be able to contribute - not sure there's many out there who could do that. And if he can keep his melon intact, it's only going to get better through the rest of the season and post-season.

And yes, I'm starting the "fire Burke" chant, right now .....

Edited by vtbass

Hey Dr. Salvelinus, so I'm driving home from work tonight listening to HNIC Radio on my Sirius satellite, and they out of the blue mention that the second assist for Crosby last night has been re-recognized. Turns out I'm not crazy after all! They at first said he got his stick on the shot from Letang and deflected it to Dupuis who then scored. That was his second assist in the 3rd period. Then, Crosby WASN'T listed in the box score on the assist. And now, I just checked and he's listed again. Go figure.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011021054&navid=sb:recap

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

no jokes! and people thought tim thomas' selfish comments wouldn't hurt the team.. what's their record since he spouted his Bull Tea Party Rhetoric?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Must be tough on your arm throwing stones from way down there! I didn't notice, what place are your "loaded with prospects" leafs in?

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

The pens looked great but just remember the rangers were without their captain and top defenseman and don't forget the king. It would have been a much better game with those guys in the lineup and we'll see what happens when they meet again on the second last game of the season.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

last I checked so have the sens.

man, my neck's getting sore. how's the air down there? does it smell like farts? sorry.