Ok so you want to shop Canadian

Big Cliff

We just bought a new stove because our old one was 15+ years and besides, the new one looked pretty.

So we did some shopping and found a nice GE gas stove that we both really liked and the price was right. Here is where the fun started. Model number JGB810DEP2WW (trust me, that is exactly what is on the label) Enter into the "find your model" on GE's website; no match found! Now JCB810DEP2WW does come up with the stove except!!!! It describes it as coming with a non stick griddle. (trust me, ours isn't non stick).

Now a little further digging and looking for an owners manual (which didn't seem to come with the stove) and I find a website for GE manuals. Type in the JCB number, no such number. Try the JGB number bingo but griddle is cast iron. Now 64 pages later I am still printing off the owners manual for the stove. OK, cost me a fortune in ink but saved them a few cents in printing costs.

I would have really preferred the non stick griddle, cast iron and pancakes just don't seem to work as well but maybe I'm just doing it wrong LOL.

Sorta like the dishwasher we bought 2 years ago.

When I was hooking it up I discovered there was no way to connect the water supply hose to the machine, so I got out the manual and right there in black and white it tells me the part # that I have to go to the hardware store to purchase.

I called the customer service and asked them why on earth they'd sell a dishwasher with no way to hook up the hose and got the stock answer....I dunno :dunno:

Ummm, okay. Did somebody hack your account, Cliff?

Sorry bud, perhaps they did, but probably not. I guess I am so tired of fighting for what I feel is fair and right that I am finally getting worn down.

This wasn't probably a good place to post this!

Sorta like the dishwasher we bought 2 years ago.

When I was hooking it up I discovered there was no way to connect the water supply hose to the machine, so I got out the manual and right there in black and white it tells me the part # that I have to go to the hardware store to purchase.

I called the customer service and asked them why on earth they'd sell a dishwasher with no way to hook up the hose and got the stock answer....I dunno :dunno:

I thought the same thing when I got a new one too, but at least the salesperson told me ahead of time I needed to get the part. They didn't have an explanation when I asked that same question! :dunno:

I thought the same thing when I got a new one too, but at least the salesperson told me ahead of time I needed to get the part. They didn't have an explanation when I asked that same question! dunno.gif

that is why you scalp the parts needed from your old dishwasher (the hookups are 99% the same on all makes models) sell your old dishwasher on kijiji for $75 and dont worry about it rolleyes.gif

that is why you scalp the parts needed from your old dishwasher (the hookups are 99% the same on all makes models) sell your old dishwasher on kijiji for $75 and dont worry about it rolleyes.gif

I'll know that for the future....although when it comes to plumbing stuff, I don't like re-using certain fittings....call me paranoid lol

Cliff i garantee your model is good. I am looking at it on Mabe parts express.It is sposed to come with what they call a "reversible Griddle" part number wb31k10236.

Oh, and BTW, it is a 2010 model, even if you just purchased it new,thats why it does not appear on the GE website. This does not affect the warranty on the range though.

The griddle may have a teflon coating even though it looks like it doesnt.

Edited by mercman

Sorry bud, perhaps they did, but probably not. I guess I am so tired of fighting for what I feel is fair and right that I am finally getting worn down.

This wasn't probably a good place to post this!

Hey Cliff, why don't you tell us how you really feel?!whistling.gif

Hey Cliff, why don't you tell us how you really feel?!whistling.gif

No Bud, you really don't want to know how I really feel. I come from an era where your word was your bond. A written contract was something that could be broken but your word, never! If you said I will, you did!

A man held the door for a lady because that what a real man did, family came first, and death before dishoner wasn't just something you said to impress the girls!

I'm old, sometimes I get cranky but one thing that will never change is; I love the people that love others, I would give my life willingly for anyone on this board that would also do the same for others, and I undersrtand that no one is as perfect as my dog thinks I am!

Here is a link on how to season your cast iron. It should make it as good as non-stick as long as you do not wash it. Just wipe with a damp cloth.

Good luck!

Try to tell that to my wife. She is always washing my old cast iron skillets with soap. She says that just wiping it down is not hygienic. I try to tell her that the heat kills all the bacteria. Anyway, I now keep my skillets with my camping equipment...lol.

Cliff i garantee your model is good. I am looking at it on Mabe parts express.It is sposed to come with what they call a "reversible Griddle" part number wb31k10236.

Oh, and BTW, it is a 2010 model, even if you just purchased it new,thats why it does not appear on the GE website. This does not affect the warranty on the range though.

The griddle may have a teflon coating even though it looks like it doesnt.

Thanks Paul. I can assure you that there is no teflon coating on this griddle but it is reversible. I will admit that I really like the stove!

To season the cast iron, throw it in the oven at 425 with a little oil in it for about a half hour, or until its really smoking hot. Don't ever wash it with soap, just wipe it off with a rag, and apply a thin coat of oil.

My cast iron pans are as non stick as any "non-stick" pans you can buy. Throw an egg in a dry pan, and its as slippery as snot on a doorknob!

S.

To season the cast iron, throw it in the oven at 425 with a little oil in it for about a half hour, or until its really smoking hot. Don't ever wash it with soap, just wipe it off with a rag, and apply a thin coat of oil.

My cast iron pans are as non stick as any "non-stick" pans you can buy. Throw an egg in a dry pan, and its as slippery as snot on a doorknob!

S.

Well, I am learning! found a bunch of links on how to season cast iron so decided to give it a try. I guess the biggest mistake I was making was that I used vegetable oil, apparently a real no no. So I cleaned everything again and started from scratch. The end result was that when I did my pancakes this morning they slid off the griddle (not quite like snot on a doorknob LOL) but as slick as from any non stick pan I've ever used! Thanks again guys for all your help!