Tracker Boat Plant Whacked By Tornado

This is kind of old news, but I hadn't seen any reference to it here so thought I might mention the Tracker Boat plant in Lebanon, Missouri got hit by a tornado this week.

My understanding is that the building took a glancing hit and isn't in too bad shape. Part of the roof was ripped off, there's part of an outside wall gone and there's some interior damage from the suction effect. Factory should be able to resume boat production in a week or two.

I'm told that although the tornado didn't hit the building squarely, it did plow right through the middle of an attached compound where something like 300 completed boats were parked outside waiting to be shipped. The guy I spoke to said they'll be pulling boat parts out of the trees for weeks. That's really sad, and has to be a huge economic kick in the pants for Tracker.

A couple of marinas on nearby Table Rock Lake also got hit by tornadoes. Damage to boats, docks and such is apparently pretty extensive.

Anyway, just in case you hadn't heard ......

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Knew this was where it would go... such an easy target! :)

But watch the news.. at least 5 states absolutely devistated. Have a few friends that lost there home, hangar, aircraft and even the family dog... it's a nightmare south of the border.

That said.. I've already made a call up North to bump up production... :o

But watch the news.. at least 5 states absolutely devistated. Have a few friends that lost there home, hangar, aircraft and even the family dog... it's a nightmare south of the border.

That said.. I've already made a call up North to bump up production... :o

SPAM..LOL

what is the name of that boat company in Temagami