Finally got my new kayak!

Not that difficult to do some basic rigging. Milk crates work great for rigging. Take a piece of pvc pipe and cut it into smaller pieces and glue them in the corners of the milk crate and then you've got rod holders plus storage space.

I hate leaving my wallet and such in the car so I bought a waterproof, floating bag for about $20 and it's been worth the money. Good for keys too.

Think about buying a light, comfortable lifejacket, preferably one with no padding around the shoulders so you can paddle freely. If you get a cheap, bulky lifejacket you'll either be uncomfortable or find yourself not using it.

Enjoy the new yak. They're great for exploring and it will open up new water for you.

Best advice I can give is to not overdo it. I have 3 fishing yaks. The one I use the most has the least amount of outfitting in it. When I see the outfitting in some yaks, I wonder how folks actually fish out of them, with all the stuff sticking up in front and in back of them. The only things that I consider essential:

1. A rodholder for trolling. It needs to be accessible enough to get the rod out quickly, without being in the way of casting and landing fish.

2. A fishfinder. Nothing worse than paddling around wondering if there is any good structure underneath your yak.

Start there, and slowly add other stuff. Almost everything else - extra rod holders, tackle storage.... - can be removable via a milk crate.