Fishing guide recommendations

FrankTheRabbit

If any of you have had a great experience with a fishing guide operator, I'm looking for some recommendations. I found a few in the Bay of Quinte area, but it's about 3 hours of driving and for a day trip, would seem far.

Somewhere between 1-2 hours within Markham is ideal targeting bass during the 2nd week of August. This may be a stretch of the requirement, but less boat traffic the better, but obviously beggars can't be choosers. I'm just putting it out there.

Links would be appreciated since I'm having a little difficulty weeding out the thousands out there.

Thanks.

PS: We have our own equipment, so just looking for a service on a great outing and a few Kodak moments. There will be three of us.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

www.FishCity.tv or on Facebook Taro Murata-FishCity Tours

Give Taro a call he knows his fish and doesn't limit you to one body of water, he knows a bunch and will come up with something to accommodate your group I'm sure

Edited by Wiser

www.FishCity.tv or on Facebook Taro Murata-FishCity Tours

Give Taro a call he knows his fish and doesn't limit you to one body of water, he knows a bunch and will come up with something to accommodate your group I'm sure

Agree give taro a call he is awesome. unbelievable guide and great guy as well

• 5 months later...

Hey fellas,

Just wanted to give a quick thanks for all of your recommendations. I had a great outing with Taro, from FishCity Tours. His passion for fishing was THE best I've ever seen. This guy lives, breathes, swims, etc with the fish and is boundless with knowledge. I felt like a kid going back to kindergarten and soaking up everything that came outta his mouth. When my friend caught his PB "nickel" largie, Taro was the first to jump up in excitement with high 5s going around! As excited as I was to be fishing with Taro, he was even more excited to be taking us out!

I had a chance to try out some great quality fishing gear of his and made me appreciate the experience even more. As with all guides, he was super professional, on time, always there to provide pointers, explaining how the fish behave, giving us highlight stories of past outings, and so forth and so forth. You really can't put a price tag on the experience and I would look forward to future outings with him without hesitation. The only drawback...there aren't enough hours in a day when fishing with Taro!!!

I do have some pictures from that day, but I'm not sure if my bud would like it if I put his mug on the web. lol

Next week, I have my another outing with Glenn, from Bigyen's Fishing Adventures. I will post a follow up shortly after.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

Just a follow up review with Glenn, from Bigyen's. Super nice fella and courteous. A cold front swept in a couple of days before and made for a pretty tough day of fishing. Started the day with water temps at 71F, but warmed up to around 74.5F by 1pm. Overcast skies with a bit of rain didn't really encourage the fish to bite, but we did land a few good 2lbs+ largies and quite a few pike throughout the day.

Thanks again everyone for recommending these two. They are pure class act guides and I wouldn't hesitate fishing with either of these gentlemen in the future.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit