Drive or Fly

DanD

Dan, You could check into Limo services in Thunder Bay to see if anyone could drive you to Nakina It would probibly be cheaper than renting a car Larry S.

Dan D, I posted on the Thunder Bay Fishing Message board to find out any Limo Services or other options to Nakina. So far the answers gotten are to go Greyhound and a place called AutoBus contact Roy(Les0 807-329-5831, don't know if this is a bus to Nakina or Limo. Will keep monitoring the message board to see if any other answers to this question are posted. Larry S

Dan D, I posted on the Thunder Bay Fishing Message board to find out any Limo Services or other options to Nakina. So far the answers gotten are to go Greyhound and a place called AutoBus contact Roy(Les0 807-329-5831, don't know if this is a bus to Nakina or Limo. Will keep monitoring the message board to see if any other answers to this question are posted. Larry S

Dan D, Found out Caribou Coach out of Thunder Bay goes to Geraldon fares are$ 52.50 one way per person.1-866-935-2811 Hopefully your outfitter could pick you up from Geraldon, Also Prestige Limo advertises Out of Town city to city service 1-877-801-5466 Look into these options Hope this can help you. If I find any other options I will post them here

Larry.

I really appreciate the leg work you’ve done for us and it won’t be forgotten; just ask if I can do for you.

Right or wrong expense wise, I think we’re going to rent a car and be done with it. That way we’ll be on our own schedule and not commercial providers (after the flight to Thunder Bay); I’m just trying to take a few bends out of the road getting to Nakina.

That doesn’t mean I’m not willing too look at other suggestions; so far we like the idea of the freedom of our own wheels.

Thanks again.

Dan.

Larry.

I really appreciate the leg work you've done for us and it won't be forgotten; just ask if I can do for you.

Right or wrong expense wise, I think we're going to rent a car and be done with it. That way we'll be on our own schedule and not commercial providers (after the flight to Thunder Bay); I'm just trying to take a few bends out of the road getting to Nakina.

That doesn't mean I'm not willing too look at other suggestions; so far we like the idea of the freedom of our own wheels.

Thanks again.

Dan.

Dan, No problem,I'm glad I could try and help.

If renting a car is the best solution for getting your brother to Nakina with a minimum of problems,Do It!

You will have a great time at Eddie's. I have never been to his camp,but have fished in that area with Northern Outposts at several different lakes.

I'm going to the Pickle Lake Area this year,I'm not sure yet,but maybe to North Caribou Lake. Went there in 2007 and caught a Ton of fish Have a great time planning your trip,and post a report with pictures when you get back

If any thing else on an alternative way to Nakina comes up,I will send you details Take Care Larry S

Thank you.

And that's for two reasons; I get to go shopping for equipment now. :thumbsup_anim:

Dan.

I can lend you a Lowrance 522 GPS/SONAR and can probably figure something out for a transducer. I just have the ice-ducer for the portable.

By the way, drive or fly? How long do you want to leave the boys at the shop unattended? LOL

Edited by SlowPoke

Dan,

Given your brothers health I think flying is the best option. As for getting from TB to Nakina, Nakina Air can take care of that but it is quite pricey. Option two is a rental that will sit at the float plane base for a week.

I am looking into another option which will involve a shuttle from Nakina, I hope to have some more info in the next 2 weeks and I'll be sure to let you know whatever I find out.

Remember positive thinking can make powerful things happen. I am sure all of the members of OFC are hoping positive good things happen for your brother and maybe combined with the magic of the Attawapiskat things will turn around.

Hey Brian.

Thanks for the offer and I may take you up on it. I have a transducer from an old portable that might work, with your unit?

I was looking at a portable (can’t remember what breed right now) it came with a carrying case, jell battery, charger and suction cup for the transducer. It went for something like $250; I know not the best of units but it’ll give us depths and structure.

Morris would likely go half on the unit and I was thinking of giving it to Eddie at the end of the trip. He’s done so much for us that I feel I owe him something extra. I’ll give you the details on that the next time you’re at the shop; quit being a stranger. You know you’re always welcome for a Bull session; even if you haven’t broken one of your vehicles. :whistling:

As far as the guys looking after the shop; it’s not a worry; I think? :dunno:

Besides, they know I have friends like you :ninja: and that I’ll hear about it if they’re butt warming the benches; instead of cleaning my shop when there’s little work.

I know you’re also busy with the trucking and everything; but stop in when you get a chance.

Dan.

Dan,

Given your brothers health I think flying is the best option. As for getting from TB to Nakina, Nakina Air can take care of that but it is quite pricey. Option two is a rental that will sit at the float plane base for a week.

I am looking into another option which will involve a shuttle from Nakina, I hope to have some more info in the next 2 weeks and I'll be sure to let you know whatever I find out.

Remember positive thinking can make powerful things happen. I am sure all of the members of OFC are hoping positive good things happen for your brother and maybe combined with the magic of the Attawapiskat things will turn around.

Thanks that seems like all I'm saying; everyone's been so helpful.

Promise I'll give back wherever I can.

Dan.

Dan we would be more than happy to get you guys picked up in Thunderbay and brought back the following week.Be sure to fly in on the friday the earlier the better we will pick you up and bring you to Nakina for friday night,then fly you in the next morning to Beteau,for your return flight you will fly out of Beteau on the Saturday so make the return flight the next day Sunday, later in the day incase of weather and or fog at Beteau.Dont forget to email me your beverage order asap,,

Cheers,

Eddie

Edited by EddieNorth

Hey Brian.

I have a transducer from an old portable that might work, with your unit?

You know you’re always welcome for a Bull session; even if you haven’t broken one of your vehicles. :whistling:

I doubt it but we can check. Mine requires the blue connector which is fairly new. Rob (scugog) might have a transducer kicking around. I might drop in Tuesday with the Suburban; it's due for a service... and probably a bunch of other things LOL

Dan we would be more than happy to get you guys picked up in Thunderbay and brought back the following week.Be sure to fly in on the friday the earlier the better we will pick you up and bring you to Nakina for friday night,then fly you in the next morning to Beteau,for your return flight you will fly out of Beteau on the Saturday so make the return flight the next day Sunday, later in the day incase of weather and or fog at Beteau.Dont forget to email me your beverage order asap,,

Cheers,

Eddie

Eddie,

What's your website? We have 3 guys who want to go to Nakina and 1 guy who is balking at the long drive. A flight plus shuttle might be the answer.

thx

Cheers,

Eddie

Again what can I say other then Thank You!!!!

I will email and get that order in and let you know what our potential plans are for getting to and from Nakina. As soon as I confirm our flights; then the rest should fall in place. You’ve done so much already with the dates at your camp; that it’s time we stepped up ourselves and get things done. Maybe I'll be able to haul something up from Thunder Bay for you?

Dan.

May 25th was the date that Eddie first offered us; but regretfully had to ask for another. I'm still kicking myself for not being able to go that week; not that there's anything special that week :dunno:

But my daughter’s law school graduation is being held on June 3rd at 9:30 in the morning in Ottawa There was no way we’d be able to get from the camp, back to TB for a flight to Ottawa and make it in time. Can you imagine pissing off a 26 year old female lawyer and then try living with her; I'd have to walk around like one of these guys. :ninja: Joking aside there's no way I would even think of missing that; she’s worked so hard for it and she’s the first in our family to become a Laywer; can ya tell I’m proud ;)

Most of the arrangements have been booked for our July 14th trip.

WestJet from TO to TB, a rental car at the airport, pick up our fishing gear and dry goods at Fedex, the night’s stay in Nakina at Twin Lakes and then we’re in Eddie’s hands for the week. A room for the Saturday night at Best Western on our return to TB; where they have agreed to hold our fishing gear for Fedex pick up on the Monday; Fedex is not open on the weekends. Then we fly out Sunday at 3:45.pm back to TO.

Why Fedex, we’re only allowed 50lbs weight on the WestJet flight; so we’re sending the gear ahead of time; they have a pick up terminal right at the airport. Cheaper then paying extra weight or over sized luggage rates (rod cases) to the airlines and my wife gets a discount rate from her work for Fedex.

Would have been an extra $200 each to fly out of London and then still have a stop and change planes in Toronto; one of our wives will drive us to YYZ.

The car rental will be around $200. for the week (before taxes); saving about $125. by using my vehicles insurance company, rather then taking the rental companies insurance. Just need to get a letter from my insurance company stating they know what we’re doing.

Can anyone copy this map, mark where Eddie’s camp is and then repost it for me?

Dan.

Copy (2) of Beteau Lake 003.jpg

Edited by DanD