Cook's Bay ice conditions

Headhunter

Hey folks,

I am taking my kids out on Saturday for some perch on Cooks. I know that there is more than enough ice for us to walk out on, but I'd really appreciate knowing wht the ice surface is like.

Is there any snow left? The reason I am asking is that as we are walking out, I don't want my kids braining themselves on bare ice. If I have to, I'll get them cleats, but if I don't well, I'd like to save the money if possible.

Appreciate any up dates! :Gonefishing:

thanks,

HH

Have a good time with the army. I wouldn't think it'd be slippery either...maybe kinda granular snow. You can always haul them out on a toboggan ? It'll be staying mild 'til then but will most likely be windy on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks again everyone... I'll be sure to do up a report and some pics...

I thought of the screws in the boot trick, and may well employ that.

And Roy, yes, I will be the "mule" but I also have to pull the toboggan with all our stuff, like rods, auger, and of course snacks!

I guess if I have to I can pull two toboggans... I know the kids would like that ! LOL

HH

I guess if I have to I can pull two toboggans... I know the kids would like that ! LOL

HH

Both hands busy? Don't do it Joe....I know kids and you should always have one hand free to protect your groin!

LOL Roy!

It's been quite some time since you met my son at the Fishin Show probably 6 years or so ago.

He's grown quite a lot since then. Truth be told, I'm much more "concerned" about watching them kick my stuff down the hole!!!

Actually you've got me thinkin, a shoulder works almost as well as the head, hitting that area!

HH

Well went out to Scugog instead of Simcoe this Tuesday... Besides having a bad peg day ( I have a pop up hut) everything was aesome. Now I'm postin this because I must of slipped about 40 times... O yes they ware biting! Anywas here is something simple enough that could of saved me: http://www.woodlandsgc.co.uk/images/winter/51668.jpg