Blue Cheese Linguine with Buffalo Walleye

Pikeslayer8

I thought I would share one of my favorite fish recipes. So simple. My brother and I concocted this at our old restaurant and perfected this on fishing trips. You can substitute other fish or shrimp or giant prawns for the walleye. Walleye is best, however.

For the sauce:

Melt a dad of butter and add cream or half and half to make a simple cream sauce. You can make a roux but I don't particularly like the color roux imparts.

DSC00533.jpg

Add copious amouts of blue cheese. (8 oz.) I also added some Gorgonzola for extra creaminess. Simmer till melted and thick. Give a couple shots of tobasco.DSC00535.jpg

DSC00536.jpg

Have your linguine cooking and ready

DSC00540.jpg

Prepare your fried fish to your liking. I just used a light coat of shore lunch.

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

Wife likes when I cook my fish outside. I just use my Weber.

DSC00539.jpg

Make your buffalo sauce using melted butter and Franks hot sauce. Be careful sauce will separate easily if you don't stir constantly.

DSC00542.jpg

Now that everything is cooked and prepared, combine blue cheese sauce with the linguine. Serve Buffalo sauce on side.

DSC00543.jpg

My plate, I like to add addl. tobasco.

DSC00544.jpg

The combination of the cool blue cheese and spiciness of the buffalo sauce really make this dish work. Gonefishing.gif

That looks awedome Pikeslayer. Nothing taste better then a sauce made from a heavy cream. None of that healthy stuff.

Thanks L2F, in my defense, I did cut the sauce with some milk. Whole milk. Lol. Congrats on your upcoming child.

The way to a women's heart is truly the walleye.

Thanks you Pikeslayer. Should be here anyday now.

I am looking at this bag of perch fillets in my freezer thinking I should try your dish with that.

I would have to make the wife her own with just an alfredo sauce but that's easy enough. I think I am going to by some cream and blue cheese.

Hope she doesn't go into labour tonight, no way I am wasting my perch lol.

Edited by Live2fish85

I'm a fan but you knew that already. :thumbsup_anim:

Yes Solo. You have already honored my dish by making it on one of your family trips last summer. I have tweaked the recipe since then by eliminating the roux and the addition of gorgonzola with the emphasis of sauce on side.

Thanks, I am also interested in your Walleye Alfredo by the way. whistling.gif I do something like that and use some Cajun seasoning.

I am in your shadow when it come to cooking skills... but since you asked.

Pre-made alfredo sauce (make sure the last ingredient is Dimethylpolysiloxane)

A bit of pre-made tomato sauce to make that "rose" colour

Chunks of Walleye

Mix thoroughtly and slather over whatever noodles are in your cupboards that are not yet stale.

Serve with garlic bread and asperagus.

laugh.gif

I looked up that Dimethyl crap and I wasn't too impressed, considering it's also used as a viscosity treatment in plastics... next time I'll make the sauce myself. I'm actually a "decent" cook, but I tend to make things with a strong bachelor-twist when I'm short on time.

Honestly, I was a little embarassed typing this recipe. smile.gif

I am in your shadow when it come to cooking skills... but since you asked.

Pre-made alfredo sauce (make sure the last ingredient is Dimethylpolysiloxane)

A bit of pre-made tomato sauce to make that "rose" colour

Chunks of Walleye

Mix thoroughtly and slather over whatever noodles are in your cupboards that are not yet stale.

Serve with garlic bread and asperagus.

laugh.gif

I looked up that Dimethyl crap and I wasn't too impressed, considering it's also used as a viscosity treatment in plastics... next time I'll make the sauce myself. I'm actually a "decent" cook, but I tend to make things with a strong bachelor-twist when I'm short on time.

Honestly, I was a little embarassed typing this recipe. smile.gif

Lololol. clapping.gif All I got to say is you may have to work on this recipe a bit, but you were definitely smart enough to serve walleye on Valentines day. Try substituting coarse shaved parmesan for the blue cheese and cut the cream in half in the above recipe. Add a can of sliced mushrooms and there ya go.

When I moved to Colorado to partner a restaurant with my brother, I knew absolutely nothing about culinary practices. I only knew what my mom and dad taught me. I was forced to learn a lot in a short time. The one thing I did know was to stick to my roots. I was the only chef in town who used a fillet knife as a chef's knife. blush.gif

Lololol. clapping.gif All I got to say is you may have to work on this recipe a bit, but you were definitely smart enough to serve walleye on Valentines day. Try substituting coarse shaved parmesan for the blue cheese and cut the cream in half in the above recipe. Add a can of sliced mushrooms and there ya go.

When I moved to Colorado to partner a restaurant with my brother, I knew absolutely nothing about culinary practices. I only knew what my mom and dad taught me. I was forced to learn a lot in a short time. The one thing I did know was to stick to my roots. I was the only chef in town who used a fillet knife as a chef's knife. blush.gif

Filet knife as a chef's knife laugh.gif that's good.

The gf loves blue cheese. I'll print this off and try it next time!

try dipping the walleye in the sauce before battering it.....let the walleye sit in franks red hot or whatever you prefer then dump it in with flour and cornmeal then fry it....common recipe we used for shore lunches at halleys camps very similar to yours....another is walleye stir fry....dont believe me? try it out!

try dipping the walleye in the sauce before battering it.....let the walleye sit in franks red hot or whatever you prefer then dump it in with flour and cornmeal then fry it....common recipe we used for shore lunches at halleys camps very similar to yours....another is walleye stir fry....dont believe me? try it out!

Nice!!!!!!!! I've heard of this being done, but personally never tried that method. thumbsup_anim.gif

With the rest of my walleye stash, I make a mean chowder. devil.gif