KVD 1.5 / 2.5

Lunatic

I had a friend mention the KVD 1.5 silent crankbait to me the other day. he loves it and is talking like its the best thing hes used for crankbaits. im not a huge fan of crankbaits nor do i ever have much luck with them,but i jumped on bass pros website and read a few reviews (all of them good) and on youtube to watch more good reviews. anyone here use these? are they really this good?

I haven`t used that particular one, but I wouldn`t go fishing with out carrying some crankbaits. Like any lure they can be hot or not on any given day, but you can`t determine that unless you use them.

It is self defeating to limit yourself to limited choices of lures, you don`t have to buy them all, just see what works for others and use them.

I still throw cranks from time to time and always have them on hand but over the past 2 years they have been shuffled back in the arsenal in favour of better producing baits,same goes for buzzbaits, love using them but don't get much on them.

Edited by Lunatic

Lunatic, far and away most of my fish came on soft plastics, but I was always prepared and willing to throw other baits. I have caught 10 bass in 10 casts on a crankbait, won a tournament throwing one over a weed flat for two days, but it is not always the way to go. Also had real good days with a buzzbait, but other lures have worked better in the same spots at times.

Saw a segment of "Getting Schooled" and KVd was hawking his rod and reel combo and stated that he could cast a lure 70 yards with his outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must have a heck of an arm......

David aka Superdad

My yard is 200 feet wide, roughly 65 yards? I for one would believe him.

Saw a segment of "Getting Schooled" and KVd was hawking his rod and reel combo and stated that he could cast a lure 70 yards with his outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must have a heck of an arm......

David aka Superdad

I guess it depends on the lure...

I'm pretty sure he can't cast a small floating rapala that far...

I can cast over 100 yds with my carp rod...