To my dad

hockeyplayerz_14

Taken me a while and I haven't come up with anything great to say as it touches way too close to home for me fella... I was 23. I know it's all a blur right now for you, but trust me when I say it will all work out..it just will. Mom is gonna need your helping hand for stuff and she's also gonna need her space. You'll know when and where I'm sure and life will go on for all of you, albeit with a broken heart.

Godspeed to your father... always loved his posts. Seemed like one down to earth, grounded man with a level head on his shoulders. Never had the pleasure to meet him unfortunately. My loss!

Taken me a while and I haven't come up with anything great to say as it touches way too close to home for me fella... I was 23. I know it's all a blur right now for you, but trust me when I say it will all work out..it just will. Mom is gonna need your helping hand for stuff and she's also gonna need her space. You'll know when and where I'm sure and life will go on for all of you, albeit with a broken heart.

Godspeed to your father... always loved his posts. Seemed like one down to earth, grounded man with a level head on his shoulders. Never had the pleasure to meet him unfortunately. My loss!

Irish, you said it all, thanks.

Alex you seem like a well grounded young man. I can only hope my young lad grows up the same way.

No one deserves this type of thing, there is no consolation.

One day I suspect when you have kids of your own you'll be a pretty great dad. He'll live on in the eyes of your young ones when you pass on all the knowledge he gave you.

As hard as it may seem now...You'll get through it. I know how you feel, I lost my Dad in 2003, just before I turned 30. I remember thinking that wasn't long enough to have a Father...Then I reminded myself how lucky I was to have him for 29 years. Your Dad sounds like he was a great Man, he lives on in you.

I am very sorry for your loss. There is no doubt your father's proudest day was the day you stepped up in his unfortunate absence. You can be sure he expected nothing less, as you are his son.

All the best to you and your family in these difficult times.