Tickets for Winter Classic

Lunker777

Hey everyone

I have been on a mission to find out HOW/WHEN we can buy tickets for this game. ( I know I know, its a year away still )

BUT anyhow..... I was talking to a guy here at work and he said a friend of his has already signed up for some "Lottery", which your name is drawn so you get the chance to buy tickets ???

Aparently the demand for the tickets will be very high so they are trying to give everyone an equal chance ????

Has anyone else heard anything along these lines ???

Hey everyone

I have been on a mission to find out HOW/WHEN we can buy tickets for this game. ( I know I know, its a year away still )

BUT anyhow..... I was talking to a guy here at work and he said a friend of his has already signed up for some "Lottery", which your name is drawn so you get the chance to buy tickets ???

Aparently the demand for the tickets will be very high so they are trying to give everyone an equal chance ????

Has anyone else heard anything along these lines ???

I don't believe they have a lottery system set up yet for the Redwings vs Leafs game.

However, they did mention on the news lastnight they are considering it due to the high demand for this game as they are expecting over 115,000 people which will make this the largest Winter Classic yet, however they also think that there will only be 75,000 tickets available to the public and will probably go to a lottery system like they have done in the past.

One news article I read says it is rumoured that hotels in the area have been sold out since yesterday...mind you I just checked expedia, and there is only 5 hotel rooms left in the ann arbour area. :blink:

Yes, it will be a lottery system as it has been for all previous Winter Classics. There will also be a number of promotions/contests to win tickets from the Leafs, Red Wings & league partners - but those are still a long way away. If you visit the Leafs site, you'll see that they're offering sign up for pre-sale access - which essentially means you'll be notified when they launch their lottery.

It'll definitely be tough to get your hands on tickets. To give you some perspective - the lottery list for the 2010 Winter Classic @ Fenway in Boston was 300,000+ people deep. The demand for this one will far exceed any of the previous.

Let's see how many lottery winners put them up on eBay and double their money back, or more .....

Thats EXACTALLY what im going to do if I get my mitts on some. There is no way I want to go sit somwhere so far away from the action that I have to watch it on a large tv. Ill take my small tv and a 6 pack of beer for that any day. I am however signed up for the lottery, or the notice of the lottery, what ever it is..

Thats EXACTALLY what im going to do if I get my mitts on some. There is no way I want to go sit somwhere so far away from the action that I have to watch it on a large tv. Ill take my small tv and a 6 pack of beer for that any day. I am however signed up for the lottery, or the notice of the lottery, what ever it is..

How did you get signed up and how do I get to, PM if you dont want to post ... if there is any chance that I could attend this , (the tail gate alone would be worth any price , 115,000 people at a game ,OUTSIDE , WHERE HOCKEY BEGAN !!!!!, thats why I have credit cards )

Btw I just got a text. I'm in a box for tomorrows game. Saturday night, the habs and Sundin honoured.

That will be a special night, I was behind the net the night Sundin scored his 500th career goal. It was amazing, not only was it his 500th goal, it was the OT winner and his 3rd of the game.

So season ticket holders, I assume this is not just Detroit get first crack at the winter classic? I better but my request into the old man to see what he can do.

That will be a special night, I was behind the net the night Sundin scored his 500th career goal. It was amazing, not only was it his 500th goal, it was the OT winner and his 3rd of the game.

So season ticket holders, I assume this is not just Detroit get first crack at the winter classic? I better but my request into the old man to see what he can do.

That was against Calgary wasn't it? Top shelf? Its just an assumption (but a good one) that both seasons ticket holders will get first crack. The details as to exactly which team gets exactly how many tickets is still being worked on, plus the league will want their cut. The 107501 seats will start to disappear quick. I just want one. :canadian:

LOL - me too $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :thumbsup_anim:

How did you get signed up and how do I get to, PM if you dont want to post ... if there is any chance that I could attend this , (the tail gate alone would be worth any price , 115,000 people at a game ,OUTSIDE , WHERE HOCKEY BEGAN !!!!!, thats why I have credit cards )

http://www.surveyconsole.com/console/TakeSurvey?id=736973

For those that can spend the buck,I say good luck and wish ya all well. Myself,I,ll stay home and have a few cold ones and some taco dip,just like the last 3 games that have been aired. No dif then the nascar races. If I could,I would,but hey,I still get to see it. :worthy: