Building a website

Dozer

Idid my own a few years a go some what the same way , it work pretty good , i had the Americans calling , then last year i had the por's do me one and i don't think it gets the traffic like my old site but that could be just me , its a lot of work when you do your own, spent quit a few hours linking it to other site whitch i was told to do to better the trafic to it , good luck .

I was pretty sure that Jumla was a great fishing lure manufactured and sold by one of our members.

You can build your own site but you need a place to host it and that is the real question. Most hosting provider’s jamb you in server space with lots of other sites which slows your site big time down. I’m with Ipage and have control over a couple of sites that I built. Hosting providers have site building programs to build your site with and make it fairly easy when you catch on. Once you have a domain picked out to use you can add your emails addresses or more with no extra charge or host yourself other web sites you choose to build. I use Concret5 for my web building tool, I tried Joomla and it really sucked for me. It took me a year to learn all what you see so far and there is so much more learn. I could not see paying around a $100.00 per month for someone else to build and host as well as charge me emails, added pages, changes or whatever I wanted to do to the site when I could learn how to do it myself for about $3.00 to $4.00 a month with the capability, of unlimited pages, to make some money hosting other sites and making unite emails for others. I paid about $150.00 for 3 years for my domain name and site server and can charge others for sites hosted on my space. For me a no brainer, but a lot of hours figuring things out. The more money you spend the faster your site will be. My site is www.Fishingmikeystyle.ca check it out and you can see it is slow. I have never had any training in this computer stuff and if I managed to do, I’m sure you can too. I still type with only one finger and if things are going good maybe two fingers. My next project next fall is to build my own server and not have to rely on any one. Good luck on your venture and know there are many long nights a head.

You can build your own site but you need a place to host it and that is the real question. Most hosting provider's jamb you in server space with lots of other sites which slows your site big time down. I'm with Ipage and have control over a couple of sites that I built. Hosting providers have site building programs to build your site with and make it fairly easy when you catch on. Once you have a domain picked out to use you can add your emails addresses or more with no extra charge or host yourself other web sites you choose to build. I use Concret5 for my web building tool, I tried Joomla and it really sucked for me. It took me a year to learn all what you see so far and there is so much more learn. I could not see paying around a $100.00 per month for someone else to build and host as well as charge me emails, added pages, changes or whatever I wanted to do to the site when I could learn how to do it myself for about $3.00 to $4.00 a month with the capability, of unlimited pages, to make some money hosting other sites and making unite emails for others. I paid about $150.00 for 3 years for my domain name and site server and can charge others for sites hosted on my space. For me a no brainer, but a lot of hours figuring things out. The more money you spend the faster your site will be. My site is www.Fishingmikeystyle.ca check it out and you can see it is slow. I have never had any training in this computer stuff and if I managed to do, I'm sure you can too. I still type with only one finger and if things are going good maybe two fingers. My next project next fall is to build my own server and not have to rely on any one. Good luck on your venture and know there are many long nights a head.

X2 ......... sounds like every thing i did back when , then i switch to a Pro last year because of my inability to remeber every thing i was learning . Now i am with Wired Together , my cost per year for my domain and hosting are $116.04 , i have the invoice in front of me as i write this , and i am very happy with James service and how professional the site works and looks . iam not to good at explaining what exactly it is you do to inprove your but i sure did stay up many nights putting in many of hours pushing it to the top so it would get noticed .

1. you need register your own site name, such as " yoursitname.com ". this is called domain name. it costs around $10+ per year. I usually use register my site 1and1.com, their domain is cheap. (never go to godaddy, it sucks with all ads and mistake clicking will guide you to buy or upgrade your service.

2. you need some place to hold your site, we call that "server" --- following factors affect your selection

- how fast it is? if it is a slow server, people will getting bored to view your site.

- how stable their machine works? if their server down-time is too frequently, then your site will be affected.

- what is the facilities the server can supply?

the best 2 servers that I knew of is fatcow.com and bluehost.com, both provide unlimited space, unlimited database, unlimited space for database.

I was put both my domain name and space on 1and1, but I found there is limitation for space, database number and database size.

early last year, I moved my site out on bluehost, and only remain names on 1and1. and put settings there, make it points to the space that I rented on bluehost.

3. you need some basic tools(software0 to do this.

ftp tool - I use filezilla - so you can connect and upload the site onto your place.

you can also, use free site from google or wordpress, or even facebook ---- you do not need anything, just log on and put content.

joomla is very powerful site package, but it is slow.

let me know if you need any help.

[email protected]