Moved my hut. Great results.

Nipfisher

Well I ended up with a free day today and took full advantage of it. I decided to move my hut to deeper water so off I went at 9am. As I was driving out onto the lake I saw a deer crossing the bay. She (I think) had some difficulty on the slick ice but made up for it when she hit the snow.

CIMG2507.jpg

CIMG2506.jpg

CIMG2505.jpg

I was at the hut at 9:20 and sizing up the job. Used the Jack-All to lift the hut and remove some of the blocks. Drilled a hole to take out the minnow motel and pulled the hut forward about 15 feet.

Then it was the hard work.....chipping out the the blocks that were frozen in andf the piled snow that was around the hut.

I pulled the hut across the bay to my "spot". I was looking for 23 fow but there was a plowed road through that area so I went in a bit.

Dropped my line, yes just one, and was crazy busy tending to it so I couldn't put another line down. 1st drop was a solid bite but lost it half way up. Re-baited and dropped it right back down. 11.5" walleye. Not too big but a keeper. Followed that with 7 quick perch then another little walleye that was released (9").

CIMG2511.jpg

Finally got my second line down at 11:20am and the perch bite continued. Landed 2 pike one of them 24". Just before lunch I caught a 16.5" walleye that was released due to slot size.

CIMG2510.jpg

If you look past the chip board hut to the left of me you can see the Island where my hut was.

Then it was lunch time.

Mmmmmmmmmmm beans and beer. Pineapple for desert.

CIMG2512.jpg

CIMG2514.jpg

Bite continued until 4:30 when I HAD to leave. I'm sure it would have been stellar through the evening bite. Ended the day with 8 walleye. One slot size, and 4 small ones. One was about 3" long and the hook was wedged in it's mouth. It couldn't even fit the hook in it's mouth! 2 pike and approx 20 perch. I kept 13 of the bigger perch but no real jumbos. Biggest was 9.5".

Here is the sink shot.

CIMG2515.jpg

Next year I will set up here for the gtg.

Edited by Nipfisher