Id like to show everyone my other Hobby

tb4me

My dad loved his rabbit/pheasant/duck hunting......my mom bought him a 16 gauge Remington 11-48 for a anniversary present that he just loved...with that gun (which is now retired in my gun safe) he could jump and kill a bunny with a shot from the hip most times....not to mention the countless ducks and pheasants he brought home....but he never went deer hunting for some reason.

Nice setup Ron :thumbsup_anim: (hope I got your name right :blush: )

I can't say I would eat one of those if I hand fed them :unsure: wife and daughter definitely wouldn't :lol:

I bet they are a lot of work keeping the cages cleaned.

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Thanks,Leechman!! Yes you got my name right! Just don't call me late for beer..lol The cleaning isn't as bad as one might think.I have trays under each cage and Rubbermaid bins under the outdoor hutches. All I have to do it pick them up and dump them in the garden or the massive composter I built. I don't breed in the summer months. I like to fish way to much. We have the trailer on the Trent River and are there 2 weekends a month thru the summer, so I usually start to cull off any time now! Come on spring!! anyway thanks to all for the comments! If anyone in my area wants to try a rabbit let me know! Ill beat the prices in the grocery store anytime...

Can I get a "lucky rabbit foot" or two sent my way for my kids? LOL!

Sure thing..Not sure if your serious or not but I was actually wondering if rabbit tails or hydes would interest any fly or lure makers here on the board? I dont tan the hydes but if anyone wants them just let me know...

Eating rabbit for as long as I can remember, although I only have it a couple of times a year now when my mom makes it and saves me some.

My grandparents raised them for years and it was always a treat when we went over on a Sunday for braised rabbit in white wine sauce. Mmmmmm !!!!

Sure thing..Not sure if your serious or not but I was actually wondering if rabbit tails or hydes would interest any fly or lure makers here on the board? I dont tan the hydes but if anyone wants them just let me know...

Rabbit fur is one of the best materials to use for jigs and fly tying...especially rabbit strip flies and egg sucking leeches. It's good stuff. It has a unique pulsating action. Wish I lived closer to you. :)

to tan small hides is very easy Ron....turpintine and methylhydrade (wood alcohol) sometimes known as fuel line antifreeze....masks are great for tieing flies....i cant wait till i actually have time in my life to tie flies again...

Cool hobbie....funny comment on the name between the bread....lmao!