Lake Bernard Frozen?

cityfisher

I was heading up past there last weekend but I noticed that now hwy# 11 doesn't go through sundridge anymore! I was so looking forward to one of those massive panzerotti's.

Give the outfitter a call 705-384-7948 if he is still operating.

Good luck

I was heading up past there last weekend but I noticed that now hwy# 11 doesn't go through sundridge anymore! I was so looking forward to one of those massive panzerotti's.

Good luck

I am heading up the weekend of Feb 10th-12th...massive panzerotti's you say, WHERE???? I must have one!

I just talked to Bill Eden at Bernard Outfitters (SE corner of Highway 124 (old 11) and Paget) and he said people are driving ATVs and sleds on the ice, but there are still some unsafe areas; and like everywhere else in Southern Ontario the ice seems to be just being maintained instead of building up.

Good luck!

I am heading up the weekend of Feb 10th-12th...massive panzerotti's you say, WHERE???? I must have one!

I just talked to Bill Eden at Bernard Outfitters (SE corner of Highway 124 (old 11) and Paget) and he said people are driving ATVs and sleds on the ice, but there are still some unsafe areas; and like everywhere else in Southern Ontario the ice seems to be just being maintained instead of building up.

Good luck!

I can't remember the name but it is that little round restaurant in with the shell gas station and next to the beer store.

Good luck

No reason you can't turn in off the highway :D .... if people don't do so Sundridge and South River will be the next two ghost towns like Trout Creek (that use to have 4 gas stations and now has none)!! :wallbash:

... it use to be the red hat back in the day.. I ate in there a couple days before Christmas but can't remember for the life of me what it's called. The lazagna was good! :good:

Edited by irishfield

I can't remember the name but it is that little round restaurant in with the shell gas station and next to the beer store

That sounds like South River not Sundridge.

Edit

Note to self, read all responses before replying.

Edited by kickingfrog

Antonios-SouthRiver-2.jpg

When travelling north on fishing trips I always stopped at a little restaurant an hwy 11 near Huntsville and then one year I went there and it had burned down.

After that I started going to another one north of Huntsville on hwy 11 right where the 4 lanes narrowed down to 2 lanes and then a couple years back I arrived to find it had been torn down for the hiway construction.

Since then I've always stopped at the little diner pictured above because they serve a great breakfast, but with my luck with restaurants in that area I really have my doubts as to it's long range future :lol:

Lots of ice there.. I was fishing there three weeks ago on about 7". we had our sleds out. There was even some crazy bugger out with a rav4. Didnt sound very nice when he drove past us. We went out near the train crossing and fished near the group of huts 35-75fow one lake trout for our efforts. The sledding is great right now. We went to my cottage this past weekend, and the trails were in great shape with a foot of fresh snow sunday morning. Might go back up this weekend. Drop me a line if your heading up. Maybe i'll join you if we're up. still trying to get enough people together to make it a party. Wanna do some more sledding before the snow's gone. If I know your out there, it will give us a destination.

Edited by steelhedrmatt

When travelling north on fishing trips I always stopped at a little restaurant an hwy 11 near Huntsville and then one year I went there and it had burned down.

After that I started going to another one north of Huntsville on hwy 11 right where the 4 lanes narrowed down to 2 lanes and then a couple years back I arrived to find it had been torn down for the hiway construction.

Since then I've always stopped at the little diner pictured above because they serve a great breakfast, but with my luck with restaurants in that area I really have my doubts as to it's long range future :lol:

You should try banger bob's at exit 248 in emsdale. only open in the summer.I always stop there on fridays in the summer, as he's down the road from my cottage. Best sausage in the north.

I've fished a couple lakes just south of Lake Bernard two and three weeks ago and there is some good ice to get out on, Last night I talked to some guys that I fish with that are from Burk's Falls and they said its worth going up, the sleds have packed the snow down so it's not so slushy, no problems getting out there to drop a couple lines, I think I am going back up this Saturday for some pike and walleyes.

P.S. Banger Bobs in Emsdale is a MUST to visit and I also LOVE the breakfast at Antonios in South River.

Antonio's Grill is the name of the place in South River, they have good breakfast as well. Wayne is absolutely right if we don't get off the highway South River and Sunridge are the next "Ghost Towns" of the north

Peps

Good luck!

Bill Eden no longer owns Lake Bernard Outfitters. New owner is Derek Healey:) Please don't call him Bill when you show up or he might not put ya on the fish! :D lol.

All Lakes in Almaguin are questionable this year as far as ice conditions. Yes we have enough ice for fishing but please be careful! The ice certainly isnt getting any thicker and conditions are changing daily.

Antonio's Bar and grill has the awesome Pan's and they are huge! Bring yer appetite :D

No fear of losing Antonio's Lew :D the community is doing well and will continue to being on one of the routes leading into Algonquin park as well as Mikisew park on the west side of highway. The Owner's actually just put a sub shop and ice cream bar into the gas station portion of the establishment to help out... Besides its right next to the Beer store :D ...Sundridge on the other hand....

Bill Eden no longer owns Lake Bernard Outfitters. New owner is Derek Healey:) Please don't call him Bill when you show up or he might not put ya on the fish! :D lol.

All Lakes in Almaguin are questionable this year as far as ice conditions. Yes we have enough ice for fishing but please be careful! The ice certainly isnt getting any thicker and conditions are changing daily.

Antonio's Bar and grill has the awesome Pan's and they are huge! Bring yer appetite :D

Oops, my mistake. I went by the information I obtained from the internet. I am hoping things tighten up over the next week given the lower temps coming. We all walk out, so not likely going too far anyway.

Cheers!