Well i finally managed to buy my new!

nautifish

Well as some of you may remember i asked about cameras. and i just want to say thankyou so much to all those that took the time to reply and give advice very much appreciated sincerly.

Well i have yet to buy my SLR i really am having a hard time in decideing witht this camera. Because they are such big money i really want to make sure i get the right one for me.

But anyway i did pick up a new camera for my every day shots and video's. I am happy as larry with it.

It is a Canon powershot S3IS that i picked up last week. Now i am still getting familiar with it and playing around with it but having fun with it also. but so far i am very happy with it.

These are just a few pictures i have shot of birds in my yard and a few down by the lake here in port dover over the past weekend.

ladyofdover.jpgwoodpecker1.jpg

woodpecker.jpg

Robin.jpg

feeding3.jpg

yellow3.jpg

yellow2.jpg

shithawk.jpg

pairGfinchesmyfeeders.jpg

Edited by nautifish

well, atleast you know it takes a really clear picture.... lady dover.. seen that a few times :D

They are still a little grainy bud but i think thats me not the camera. There are so many different functions and settings so like i said still playing and learning with it....& yes it was actually really nice too see her out on the water yesterday. You know summer is just around the corner. :thumbsup_anim:

No i am looking at the digital SLR Tjsa. I know there is a huge difference in price. I was out again last week shopping around. Could not beleive the huge difference in price between a digital SLR & A film SLR. :o

sadley the digital SLR do not have the option of movie footage yet. I am hoping sometime down the road soon they will also have that option with the digital SLR.

Merganser_dive.jpg

Here's a pic my son got with my Sony camera DSC-H2. I took over 2000 pics in BC.

My camera stopped working. Sent it out and was fixed under warranty by Sony.

Hopefully I get a much longer life out of it now. Great pics with the Canon.

Sony is good about their customer service, i have a sony handycam and for some reason it stopped working, they sent me a new one to my place of work (we deliver sony products to the sony store in niagara falls) no shipping or handling fees.. just a quick exchange.. i have no probs with this one.... Bud

Enjoy the new toy!!! Canon makes a fantastic product. My old EOS 650 that's 20 years old still looks like new and more importantly, still takes awesome pictures. I loved our old little Canon digital but alas, after dropping it twice in the boat and then getting it wet, my wife killed it. Now we have a Sony but I liked the Canon more. Practice makes perfect in photography, keep at it.

Enjoy the new toy!!! Canon makes a fantastic product. My old EOS 650 that's 20 years old still looks like new and more importantly, still takes awesome pictures. I loved our old little Canon digital but alas, after dropping it twice in the boat and then getting it wet, my wife killed it. Now we have a Sony but I liked the Canon more. Practice makes perfect in photography, keep at it.

Thanx alot guys....the camera is 12 x opitical Zoom so i am going to be buying the extra lense that will give me 24 x optical zoom. They did not carry it it in the store so i have to order it on line.Go figure. <_<

Using a long zoom in low light gives you the grain, nauti.... at least thats my experience. On sunny days it ain't a problem.

Happy as larry, huh? Crazy Dover sayings....

LOL actually not been using the lense yet rick......I think its more the setting i have set on it than anything else......Like isaid the blooming book is like the same thickness of an english dictionary.....lol

As for happy as larry!!! Not a dover saying.......... ;)

Great looking pics tracy.. :clapping: .and thats about the best you can get. B) ..you will be able to take the most awsome close ups and far away pics ever,sweet pics to .so when you come fishing with julie and myself you are the official camera girl photographer...lol..lol..nice purchase cheers :thumbsup_anim:

Great looking pics tracy.. :clapping: .and thats about the best you can get. B) ..you will be able to take the most awsome close ups and far away pics ever,sweet pics to .so when you come fishing with julie and myself you are the official camera girl photographer...lol..lol..nice purchase cheers :thumbsup_anim:

LOL sean...I aint so great when it comes to actually holding the cam....If you saw the video i did on the SOS thread today i am filming the beginning and you start to get dizzy after just a few secs the bloomin

cam was shaking that much.......lol..... :whistling:

But i do love to take photo's :thumbsup_anim: so sure that i can do. ;)