Tim Thomas

12footspringbok

Good on ya for not showing to the White House. :good:

Thomas statement on White House absence (via the NHL)

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

I'm still wonderin about this

Are you taking the focus off a team's achievement and throwing the spotlight on yourself??

There usually are other opps to take a stand

And If the Prez invites you---and You don't show---Probably not getting another chance

I'm not a fan of our PM--but if i was invited--I'd go.

I'm still wonderin about this

I'm not a fan of our PM--but if i was invited--I'd go.

I wouldn't waste the effort to " pass wind in his general direction", let alone go near him.

As for Thomas, he made a conscious choice and did what few are willing to do any more. Right or wrong, he acted on his principles.

What a dope. I wonder what rights and liberties this millionaire athlete has lost thanks to Obama??? None.

Misinformation and anger, a popular and troubling combination.

Your right chances are none. But good on him for standing up and supporting those who may have lost their rights and liberties. He may be a part of a championship team but he is a person with his own values and believes. Who are we to judge him????

Your right chances are none. But good on him for standing up and supporting those who may have lost their rights and liberties. He may be a part of a championship team but he is a person with his own values and believes. Who are we to judge him????

Who are we to judge the public political statements of public figures?? I don't know...the public? No one in the US has lost ANY rights, or liberties due to Obama's admin. This is not debatable.

You don't have to respect the person in power but you should at least respect the office of the country that allows you the freedom to make money and raise your family. He had no problem playing for the US Olympic team.

I Guess Tim Thomas didn't realize that it was his job to pump the presidents tires

Who are we to judge the public political statements of public figures?? I don't know...the public? No one in the US has lost ANY rights, or liberties due to Obama's admin. This is not debatable.

[/quote

If you read his statement it has nothing to do with Obama being prez. He blamed both parites. I dont know how you can sit there and say nobody has lost any rights, liberties or is unhappy with the fed government when all you see on the news is people protesting the governments actions or lack of......I am happy to be a Canadian!!!!!!!!

He had no problem playing for the US Olympic team.

That doesnt even make sense. Just because he's ashamed of the government that runs his country doesnt mean hes not proud of its citizens and what they stand for. His protest actually solidifies how much he cares for his country. He plays the game for the american people and those within the hockey community......not for the politicians. I would take much more pride and satisfaction in the cup parade in Boston than i would EVER take from a podium full of POLS.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

you're right, standing up for what you believe in, is unclassy and selfish.

Let's all just tow the line.....baaa baaa

there are 365 days a year to voice your displeasure with the government. you don't need to pick the day that your team is to be honoured by the whitehouse! the president was democratically elected by the country he claims to love.

and tim is still towing the line, it's just that he's towing the right winged lunatic line and it makes him look like a buffoon (it does the same to anyone who supports him btw).

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

That doesnt even make sense. Just because he's ashamed of the government that runs his country doesnt mean hes not proud of its citizens and what they stand for. His protest actually solidifies how much he cares for his country. He plays the game for the american people and those within the hockey community......not for the politicians. I would take much more pride and satisfaction in the cup parade in Boston than i would EVER take from a podium full of POLS.

really? because the citizens he's proud of democratically elected the president that he won't visit. and i don't buy the "this isn't partisan" spiel for a moment...every one knows timmy is a right winged loonie!

and tim is still towing the line, it's just that he's towing the right winged lunatic line and it makes him look like a buffoon (it does the same to anyone who supports him btw).

actually, it makes him appear more like a human that has free will, and chooses to exercise that right.

those against his right to choose, are the buffoons, btw.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i don't feel the need to explain why any extremist is a nut. tim thomas is no better than a loonie leftie from pita... no better than a loonie christian hating gays... no better than an extremist muslim hating women...

he's a small percentage of the population who embarrassed his hockey team by taking an event meant to honour the bruins and turning it into his own personal soapbox.

and i feel no guilt for calling tim any of those names as his actions have brought that reaction upon himself.