Crawler Harnesses/and spinner rigs

manitoubass2

If your ever out of quick change clevises, hit up any craft store for these. I just tried them out, and they don't work quite as well, there abit heavier too, but the blade spins very good and is very easily changeable. You'll never lose a blade either.

What are they? I'm not sure, I think there for earrings??? blink.gif

tacklecraft2001.jpg

Great thread!! Thanks for sharing! Lots of awesome looking harnesses here!

I've bought a spinner kit from luremaking.com a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed making those. I've wanted to get into the harnesses but time is the issue. After this tread I think I have to make some time!!

I use worm harness for pickerel and in the spring use them in shallow water and you never know what is going to hook on. My question is how do you store these crawler harnesses after they come out of the package. I hate a tangle mess. This December I made worm harness holder which holds some bottom bouncers and got some clear tubing to try a second method. I think these are going to work, but as always looking for a better and easier way

Mltyh.JPG

Mltyh2.JPG

Mltyh1.JPG

Mltyh3.JPG

single worm harness tube 1.JPG

Edited by Mikeyfish

I use worm harness for pickerel and in the spring use them in shallow water and you never know what is going to hook on. My question is how do you store these crawler harnesses after they come out of the package.

Mine are usually too beat up after fishing a few hours to save for another day.

Been tying for many a year. Just ran across this tying techique that might be of interest to some. It's faster than my technique anyhow.

http://www.walleyeworkshop.com/node/154

Yes...that is a fast snell knot but I couldn't trust such a knot. I use 2 other methods for snelling hooks. One is like a uni-knot and the other is a new one that I have yet to test for strength. I use eyeless hooks a lot. I get them from Europe and they are simply fantastic.

I may use a small tube to make a real snell knot but finding a tube small enough may be a problem. I have a hypodermic needle that would be perfect for line under 6 lb test. I could use a small nail like when I make a nail knot on a fly line but on a tiny hook, it would take too long to tie....too easy to mess up the knot.

Yes...that is a fast snell knot but I couldn't trust such a knot. I use 2 other methods for snelling hooks. One is like a uni-knot and the other is a new one that I have yet to test for strength. I use eyeless hooks a lot. I get them from Europe and they are simply fantastic.

I may use a small tube to make a real snell knot but finding a tube small enough may be a problem. I have a hypodermic needle that would be perfect for line under 6 lb test. I could use a small nail like when I make a nail knot on a fly line but on a tiny hook, it would take too long to tie....too easy to mess up the knot.

Well, I feel ya but Mike Gofron makes a living catching fish so I'd have to say if he trusts the knot it must be pretty good.