Leafs

muskymatt

Let me start out by saying that I have been a leaf fan for the better part of half a century....

I find it funny that the Sens, who are admittedly in a re-building year, are out classing the Leafs....

the Leafs have by far, the largest front office staff in the league. Those guys don't come cheap. The Leafs have been in the re-building process for at least the last four years. Let's look at the draft picks... Kadri didn't dress last night... the Sens number one guy did. The Leafs claimed Reimer to be the 2nd coming and nick named his "the Reiminister". Dude only played just over 40 NHL career games.

There was a ton of concern about holding the all star game in Ottawa at the beginning of the season as EVERYONE thought they would be at the bottom of the league this year... and selling tickets would be a chore... well not any more!

The Leafs fill the building every night, are valued at around .5 billion dollars yet are still hoping to make the playoffs, after a 7 year absense...

So, all that said, I really can't blame Musky Mike for coming on here and stirring things up! It's really pretty easy! Which makes it even sadder, from my perspective!

HH

Its MuskieMatt! He's the guy we should drive to Ottawa and feed him his teeth!!!! :clapping:

Oh come on Dax..... :clapping: :clapping: I'm not so bad and you know it, :whistling: a little friendly rivalry is always entertaining. And it's not my fault you chose a team that sucks every year! OOPs.... did I say that out loud??? My bad...what I meant to say was,actually hold on ,I think it was said already, and by a laff fan....

the Sens, who are admittedly in a re-building year, are out classing the Leafs...

Music to my ears it is... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

And Dax, to meet in the playoffs, the Leafs would have to be there, so far, they are not! :P

Let me start out by saying that I have been a leaf fan for the better part of half a century....

I find it funny that the Sens, who are admittedly in a re-building year, are out classing the Leafs....

the Leafs have by far, the largest front office staff in the league. Those guys don't come cheap. The Leafs have been in the re-building process for at least the last four years. Let's look at the draft picks... Kadri didn't dress last night... the Sens number one guy did. The Leafs claimed Reimer to be the 2nd coming and nick named his "the Reiminister". Dude only played just over 40 NHL career games.

There was a ton of concern about holding the all star game in Ottawa at the beginning of the season as EVERYONE thought they would be at the bottom of the league this year... and selling tickets would be a chore... well not any more!

The Leafs fill the building every night, are valued at around .5 billion dollars yet are still hoping to make the playoffs, after a 7 year absense...

So, all that said, I really can't blame Musky Mike for coming on here and stirring things up! It's really pretty easy! Which makes it even sadder, from my perspective!

HH

Head you got it right ,could not say it any better ,and Im a few years older ... We need a coach , and some first and second line guys , we have the best third and forth liners in the league (five lines of them ??? ), a decent goalie and a few first liners and god please a COACH.. as it is , we done , done like a chrismas goose ..see us against New york ( a real team )never mind the GO NO WHERE SENS , so sad ,no can do we are just out played out checked out scored out golied out coached , out what ever ..Been a fan for so long , sad sad to see what we have become , WE HAVE Best third and forth lines in the league X 2, too bad about our D and first liners .... NO PLAY OFFS FOR YOU . GET TO THE BACK OF THE LINE ...as if we didnt know , Burk you are so old school the game has left you behind ...

Edited by capt bruce

Head you got it right ,could not say it any better ,and Im a few years older ... We need a coach , and some first and second line guys , we have the best third and forth liners in the league (five lines of them ??? ), a decent goalie and a few first liners and god please a COACH.. as it is , we done , done like a chrismas goose ..see us against New york ( a real team )never mind the GO NO WHERE SENS , so sad ,no can do we are just out played out checked out scored out golied out coached , out what ever ..Been a fan for so long , sad sad to see what we have become , WE HAVE Best third and forth lines in the league X 2, too bad about our D and first liners .... NO PLAY OFFS FOR YOU . GET TO THE BACK OF THE LINE ...as if we didnt know , Burk you are so old school the game has left you behind ...

I have to disagree with both of you. While we are short in solid up front 6 talent, we have connally who is playing very well. Bozak is having a career year and kessel and lupal are playing the best hockey of their careers and are the top pairing in the league.

Goaltending has been very good for a pair of young guys still learning the position. Defense has been the problem. At times its been the best in the league other times the worst. The inconsistency of the back end has been the biggest problem with the leafs. The fact that they haven't really had any secondary scoring has hurt them too. Top 3 power play in the league all year but league worst PK, but, has been showing signs of improvement lately. Coaching is not the problem. Wilson has proven over the years he is capable and proven winner behind the bench. A teams poor play cannot be put on someone NOT on the ice.

I would sit connolly. He's embarassingly soft and i can t figure out his icetime. Too many leafs don't like to get dirty. Anybody could see they needed to get to anderson the other night but nobody wants to go to the net. Ottawa knew how to get to Riemer. It.s a style of hockey good enough for detroit, the rangers etc.

I agree with you Oggie. They needed to get to the net and try and pressure Anderson rather then just shooting the puck at him from behind circle. Lupul looked good and he always gives effort I think grabovski has the bihgest heart on the team makes Kessel look like a little baby out there. As soon as the sens touched the puck the leafs backed off Kessel was the worst. Connoly is also a useless ti+. I think we will see something good out of Burke soon he is going to make a big trade. Hopefully he also gets rid of Wilson to start. He is a garbage coach for the leafs.

I've watched the fight 5 times. Where do you see Foligno turtleing???? Is it somewhere between the uppercut, knocking Phanoofs helmet off and the 3 straight lefts to phanoofs chin????

:clapping:

blah, blah reffs were bad,,,blah,blah, blah Spezza interfered,,blah, blah,,,,, :worthy: :worthy:

:w00t:

You guys had 3 goalies lined up and touted them all as incredible depth in goal....now it's pick the one who will be the least likely to lose.... :rofl2: :rofl2:

I only say that because the sens had goalie problems since day one, but at least we have a team!

What three goalies? You are making things up.

Reimer was the answer, based on half a season. He started perfect this year until he had his brain busted.

The monster had not shown much in 60 odd nhl games.

That's it. No one said squat about depth. There was hope that they had enough.

When you fabricate facts no one will listen to your arguement.

"Ottawa Senators"

... who cheers for them anyway? :blahblah1:

Unless you're from Kanata - because that's really where they play, not Ottawa - you're either a disgruntled Leafs or Habs fan, or you just like the little roman logo on their chests cause it's so cute.

Either way, you're like an ex-girlfriend after a bad break up. You want the house, the dog, the car and for good measure you're also after the rods, the tackle, the bullets and the guns. You want the couch and the king-sized bed. And you want the naked pictures of yourself back. Bottom line: you're not a true fan. :tease:

ESPECIALLY, if you live in Toronto. :dunno:

Also, how many playoff series have the Sens won against the Leafs... hmmm... what IS the stat for that??? uh.... :w00t: ZERO!

Put THAT in your pipe and schmoke it. B)

p.-

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Also, how many playoff series have the Sens won against the Leafs... hmmm... what IS the stat for that??? uh.... :w00t: ZERO!

awwwww... living in the past... did a habs fan teach you that trick?

I have to disagree with both of you. While we are short in solid up front 6 talent, we have connally who is playing very well. Bozak is having a career year and kessel and lupal are playing the best hockey of their careers and are the top pairing in the league.

Goaltending has been very good for a pair of young guys still learning the position. Defense has been the problem. At times its been the best in the league other times the worst. The inconsistency of the back end has been the biggest problem with the leafs. The fact that they haven't really had any secondary scoring has hurt them too. Top 3 power play in the league all year but league worst PK, but, has been showing signs of improvement lately. Coaching is not the problem. Wilson has proven over the years he is capable and proven winner behind the bench. A teams poor play cannot be put on someone NOT on the ice.

We play OK (at times) but just OK , our special teams etc., (AHHHH nothing special there), suck , thats where you need a COACH ... we are so out coached by the better teams ,Wilson , Burk , what you think is a good guy "Orr ", maybe a good guy, gives you what hes got ( not much) but he has NO place in todays league ,waste of a sweater , love the guy ,hate that hes on our team , old school ,the league has passed you by , maybe in 1980 NOT NOW ...Again a nother year where I eat my words and let my friends beat me up when I say LEAFS will be there this year ... THere is 11'th "NO PLAY OFFS FOR YOU" place. From a die hard super leafs fan , ware blue underware , got a blue leafs tat on my belly ( I know too much info).. Please before I pass on , just once !!!!!

Yup and the coach coaches the penalty kill. It's just basic principles and guys willing to sacrifice. The players' skill level makes the powerplay work.

So Wilson can be blames for the poor PK and the players get the credit for the PP.

Time to show Wilson the door! He doesn't hold guys accountable. I see Tim Connolly hit the ice even though he's playing like it's a non-contact league. Kessel is embarassing when the hitting starts. He's looking for a hole under the boards...... if they ever make the playoffs Kessel will be non-existent.

Totorella would strangle some of these guys!

Dan O.

Yup and the coach coaches the penalty kill. It's just basic principles and guys willing to sacrifice. The players' skill level makes the powerplay work.

So Wilson can be blames for the poor PK and the players get the credit for the PP.

Time to show Wilson the door! He doesn't hold guys accountable. I see Tim Connolly hit the ice even though he's playing like it's a non-contact league. Kessel is embarassing when the hitting starts. He's looking for a hole under the boards...... if they ever make the playoffs Kessel will be non-existent.

Totorella would strangle some of these guys!

Dan O.

X 2 you got it bro , we need some good front office guys, GUYS WITH A PLAN,not just GO GET THEM BOYS , WE THE MAN ???????????