Bulk Propane Costs/Supplier in Kawartha's

manjo39

I'm on Sturgeon Lake, north of Lindsay and currently have a water heater and furnace fuelled by propane.

Currently paying 0.65500 a liter.

Wondering if that's a good or bad price for bulk propane and if anyone can recommend a company for refill service for the area if its a cheaper price.

Not sure if service is ever an issue. I have had good service with the company I'm with. i.e. they refill the tanks at the right times to keep me topped up, but I would think that is normal. (I don't have much experience with propane).

I'm in Wellington County (Orangeville area) - my supplier is Superior Propane, when I filled my tank in Dec, the rate was 0.59xxxx a liter. I am on the will-call program (I keep track of the amount of propane myself and call them when I need to be topped up).

Their service and dealing with them in general is TERRIBLE!!

Edited by Raf

i am in the same area as you, and when i was using propane the best service and price came from highlands propane for me, superior propane sucks it for price and service usually, you will have to phone around, there is british empire outa caygeon and value propane as well for who i can think of right now

I'm in Lagoon City (Brechin, Ontario) and pay .639/liter with Budgit Propane. Hasn't been that cold this year but I have gone through over 600 liters so far this year. It isn't cheap but I'm sure it is a lot less than using electricity :unsure:

I'm with British Empire my last fill up which was Dec. 30 was at $0.689/L. Price seems to fluctuate up and down with every fill up. Give me an idea of when your last fill up was and I'll compair my price for the same time frame. Service has been ok, I have been with them for a few years now.

Give Edpro a call.. they were by far the cheapest when I was buying propane, and their service is EXCELLENT!... I will post a link to their Pricing below.. click on your Zone... I am in the 2500-4499 bracket which is $ .603

One thing I should mention... Do you own your tank? if not U will need to buy or lease a new one. Same thing with your water heater if you do not own it.

http://www.edproenergy.com/customers/index.php?mod=residentialpricing

G.

Give Edpro a call.. they were by far the cheapest when I was buying propane, and their service is EXCELLENT!... I will post a link to their Pricing below.. click on your Zone... I am in the 2500-4499 bracket which is $ .603

One thing I should mention... Do you own your tank? if not U will need to buy or lease a new one. Same thing with your water heater if you do not own it.

http://www.edproenergy.com/customers/index.php?mod=residentialpricing

G.

They don't seem to service the Kawarthas Gerritt.

When I had my 100LB's re-valved casey's was the cheapest.

They were even cheaper then costco to re fill them.

As for bulk, I don't know.

It's only a phone call to find out.

Casey's Propane

835 Hwy 7, Peterborough, ON K9J 6X9

(705) 742-9198 ‎

Just east of the 115.

I'm with British Empire my last fill up which was Dec. 30 was at $0.689/L. Price seems to fluctuate up and down with every fill up. Give me an idea of when your last fill up was and I'll compair my price for the same time frame. Service has been ok, I have been with them for a few years now.

Cliff, I'm with Highlands Propane and the last fill up was Jan 04, '12 at 0.6550. I am renting my tanks and water heater from them.