seniors card

grt1

I turned 65 in October and got lots of letters from the government congratulating me on the big milestone. They also said i'd be getting my seniors card to use when I get prescriptions, well to date it hasn't arrived so I called service canada today and they informed me they have run out of cards. They said they have more clients than cards and were doing their best to get some.

Only in Canada, where they have known since 1945, 1946 they were going to have a major influx of seniors in this decade would they allow themselves to be short of inventory.

they told me to try and use my drivers licence as id when i get my prescriptions to prove i'm eligible for medicare.

~~~~~Yes again we Baby Boomers are left out in the cold, bad enough they say they are running out of money to pay our pention, and the next generation won't get any, but I love the Discounts still working, and Go Transit fares cut in half, get savings, don't have to pay into the CPP anymore, cheap tickets at the movies.

Got mine last year, it split the second day I had it. Never did have to use it for anything. It isn't even considered a valid form of ID with any government agency as there is no photo on it. More of our tax payers money spent on something that is no use to us. I didn't have any trouble at the drug store, just used my drivers license.