Our Family Year in Review

I just wanted to take a second to say THANK YOU to everybody who contributed to OFC this year, to all of our friends here and elsewhere who made the 2011 Fish-A-Thon for a Cure a HUGE SUCCESS (thanks Dan Bouck for going over and above the call of duty) and I just hope more than anything that everybody has an AMAZING NEW YEAR and nothing but Good Times, Great health, love, family and BIG FISH in 2012!!!

Here's some memorable photos from 2011 - feel free to post some of your own!

First off, I should mention my Personal Best for 2011 - the birth of my little baby girl, Claira!

7c0c96ba.jpg

Ice fishing in 2011 was pretty dismal for us as far as success goes.. we managed a few perch and a whole bunch of gobies, but time spent in the hut is what counts!

a524cf4a.png

Here's a tip: Don't try to drag a 4 year old and a full sized deep cycle battery around slushy ice... it isn't fun... Thanks to Juli and Frank for helping us out when we hit the ice one day last January!

0e14b338.png

Most of our winter fishing was screwed do to a major reno we were doing in the basement....

0bc0bf36.jpg

Ice out took us to the shores of our local lake.. just a walk through the bush after the cold of winter is enough to make anybody smile!

8adf8ed8.png

Averie found this and told me "look dad, it' a Heart in Nature"

d6241577.png

Luke's first time really fishing on his own...

0bcfe37a.png

c4f5bcc5.png

Trout opener for me was only a couple hours fishing from shore, but we managed a few nice little browns...

53f22b08.jpg

Averie got to throw crankbaits on her own this year and we managed a great day on the water slaying crappie and bluegill on tiny little cranks...

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg

Bass Opener was special for me this year because it's the first one I've fished with my dad in probably 15 years or so....

The line up at the launch at something like 4 a.m.

DSCF1130.jpg

The old man usually fishes live bait exclusively - this was his first time ever fishing a tube jig and he smoked me pretty good! lol

DSCF1137.jpg

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

Averie scored herself an awesome 4.5 foot Shimano Voltaeus and put it to work all summer long!

IMG_9032.jpg

IMG_9038.jpg

I caught a few fish to... managed this while trolling for pike with Luke sleeping on my lap!

IMG_9049_2.jpg

Luke lost his hat in the wind and from that point on he wouldn't let go of it while the boat was moving! lol

IMG_9083.jpg

There's no nap like a nap after a long day on the water!

IMG_9100.jpg

Some nights Dad fished past bed time , while the kids kicked back to a movie....

fdf8bb8c.jpg

When the moon came out the phone was sure to ring, followed by mommy yelling at us to get home! lol

32cba692.jpg

The 2011 Fish-A-Thon for a Cure was a HUGE success thanks to so many of you guys... one of my fav. pics was our Junior Div. champion...holding his 5lb Chocolate bar up like he won the bassmaster classic!

IMG_0295.jpg

The kid decided she wanted to catch her first carp this year - her and her little rod handled it like a champ!

IMG_1228_2.jpg

IMG_1249_2.jpg

The boy still isn't fond of holding fish!lol

IMG_1282_2.jpg

And after slamming largies and bluegill...Averie get's her first case of "bass thumb"

IMG_1285_2.jpg

IMG_1331_2.jpg

By Mid-Summer we finally finished the rec room/office/theater

294850_10150253491836580_502461579_8079524_1008440_n1.jpg

This fall, after 5 years of bugging him... I finally got my Dad out of Port Credit for some in-shore salmon fishing! He caught the only fish of the morning to! Had a great time out with my pops and good buddy Dan Bouck!

DSCF4626.jpg

DSCF4630.jpg

We hit up Longpoint for our last day of perching, and Slamed them pretty good thanks to Dan! We had a great day on the water chatting with both Dan and Shawn's families as we all fished side by side... on dano's spot! ;o)

Averie's first time driving the boat

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

Luke sleeping again... lol

IMG_3089.jpg

After catching a ton of fish, we joined Dan and family for a very memorable night at his cottage!

The kids had a great time...

IMG_3111.jpg

And Averie made a new great friend, Dan's little boy Jacob!

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

Hard to say bye to summer with views like this...

IMG_3140.jpg

Fall and Winter has been busy for us... we managed to sneak out once for late season bluegill, but only managed a single stocked rainbow!

IMG_0032.jpg

Luke sleeping.... again... lol

IMG_0051-1.jpg

last fish in the boat for 2011

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3845.jpg

All the best in 2012!

Ryan, Averie, Luke, baby Claira and Ginny!

Awesome Re-cap. Those are some nice fish and even better times with the kids. My daughter like her fishing now and I hope she continues to just like your daughter. I love the pic you your daughter with her fishing rod in her mouth holding the rock bass, the one with your little guy losing grip of the fish is classic to.

Congrats on the new addition to the family as well.

Edited by Live2fish85

Great recap buddy! May 2012 be an even better year! Here's hoping we get some ice down this way far a trip or two.

Looking forward to making the 2012 Fishing For A Cure the best one yet.

All the best to you, Ginny and the kids from myself, Juli and the boys!!