Christmas Time Hooch...tis the season

Billy Bob

As others here I have some family traditions we do at Christmas time and something everyone asks if I will be making it again this year....especially by visiting out of town family....so I thought I would share it here if anyone is interested...it's super easy to make but should be made at least 3 days or more before consuming it...make it in a carafe if you have one and place it in fridge and shake every so often...and don't forget to eat the fruit as it good for you....LOL...you will find many folks that never would drink whiskey ask for a second one... occasion14.gif...Merry Christmas... :santa:

CANDY WHISKEY DRINK

1 Pint of WHISKEY

¼ lb of String Rock Candy

6 Maraschino Cherries

6 Chunks of Pineapple in HEAVY Syrup

4 Slices of Oranges

4 Slices of Lemons

2 Teaspoons of Cherry Juice

2 Teaspoons of Pineapple Juice

This is only a guide……I have always doubled or tripled the above ingredients because I try to use a liter of Whiskey. The more stuff in it the better.

(Disclaimer: the author of this recipe assumes no responsibility for the actions of those individuals who may consume this magic potion as they may turn into complete jackasses in a very short time)

Some of us are :asshat: without ever drinking a drop. :whistling:

I don't think I've heard of rock candy. Where would someone find such a thing?

You never heard of "String Rock Candy"....have you been hitting the hooch already.....LOL.....you're young so I'll help you out here. Here's what it looks like.

http://www.ohnuts.com/buy.cfm/bulk-candy/rock-sugar-swizzle-sticks/white-strings-natural

Well Capt. Bob, you should be posting your Capt. Bob's shrimp recipe here too! The best shrimp I have ever had :thumbsup_anim:

Oh and a warning to all others, if Billy Bob offers you a Lancaster Ice Tea; be forwarned, they really sneak up on you and you better not plan on driving (or even walking too far) after consuming a couple of those! :whistling:

Well Capt. Bob, you should be posting your Capt. Bob's shrimp recipe here too! The best shrimp I have ever had :thumbsup_anim:

Oh and a warning to all others, if Billy Bob offers you a Lancaster Ice Tea; be forwarned, they really sneak up on you and you better not plan on driving (or even walking too far) after consuming a couple of those! :whistling:

I wanna go to Bob's house LOL

I don't really want that recipe all over the internet....but I will forward via PM for anyone interested.

The Lacaster Ice Tea....LOL.....didn't really know Cliff when we spent a super week at his BEAUTIFUL Lakeside Home this past summer...but it was a hot humid day when we arrived...and nothing goes better on a day like that then ice tea...so I offered Ole Cliff a refreshing beverage and we became friends for life.... :thumbsup_anim:

I THINK WE CAN CHANGE THAT WITH A LITTLE MAPLE SURUP FOR THE SAME AFFECT ..............TTHE CANDY ONLY SOFTIN THE BURN RIGHT BB ?

Skipper, you could be right.....rock candy is basically all sugar, I think....or you could even make your own...

http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/candy/recipe-rockcandy.html

I don't really want that recipe all over the internet....but I will forward via PM for anyone interested.

The Lacaster Ice Tea....LOL.....didn't really know Cliff when we spent a super week at his BEAUTIFUL Lakeside Home this past summer...but it was a hot humid day when we arrived...and nothing goes better on a day like that then ice tea...so I offered Ole Cliff a refreshing beverage and we became friends for life.... :thumbsup_anim:

I have only a blured recolection of that evening!!!!! :whistling:

I have only a blured recolection of that evening!!!!! :whistling:

Cliff,

We (Cindy) still haven't made your fantastic garlic soup....but we are planning on it for Christmas Eve....here's hoping it comes out half as good as your's....if it does it will be part of our Christmas Eve traditional meal.

Bob

Cliff,

We (Cindy) still haven't made your fantastic garlic soup....but we are planning on it for Christmas Eve....here's hoping it comes out half as good as your's....if it does it will be part of our Christmas Eve traditional meal.

Bob

And we are making the Capt. Bob shrimp part of ours LOL.

Here is one you might enjoy:

Bailey's Irish Cream

1 tin Eagle Brand Milk

1 tin Carnation Milk

Pinch Salt

2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup

10 ounces Rye (Whiskey)

3 Eggs

Blend Well

Refridgerate

Yield: 40 Ounces

Enjoy!

Regards

Snowball

I've made that one before and you are right, it is good!

Snowball, thanks for sharing what looks like another great adult beverage to try.... :thumbsup_anim:

Since I have had a several PM's regarding my Candy Whiskey and shrimp recipe, I thought I would show you what the Candy Whiskey looks like when made...don't have any pics of the shrimp as it's gone to fast to take any pictures...LOL

CandyWhiskeyPic003.jpg

And PLEASE don't drink and drive...

MERRY CHRISTMAS,

Bob

Cliff,

Bob

Mission accomplished on Cliff's garlic soup.....not only did it taste great but the whole house smelled great for about 2 hours while my wife was making it...

THANKS AGAIN CLIFF.....this is one recipe that will not be forgotten.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Bob