Digi Cam help

xrap

The samsung digimax a50 5.0 mega pixels cam I have eats batteries up fast. We buy duracell you'll snap like 5 photo's and batteries are done. We got these rechargeable battries for 80 bucks and after a couple charges they don't work. Does anyone know whats wrong with that camera and why it eats batteries up so fast or maybe of some good batteries to buy for it?

Xrap that truely is not normal five pictures and the batteries are toast not normal at all.If its still on warranty send it back :stretcher: .My Canon uses alot of batteries but I can take 75 photos with one set of batteries depending on how much I use the display.

Time to take it in.Only other reason I can see it using up batteries quickly is it is being used in the cold outdoors.

MTP

Even in the cold outdoors, my camera has no problem whatsoever. I have rechargeable Duracells, and they can last for 2 trips easily, and I do not keep my camera warm at all, its exposed to the elements. My recent post from last weekend, the camera was in my pack in the back of the pickup for a 2.5 hr. trip into the lake, in -10C temps, and I took 37 pictures with it, and it is still working, used it on batteries to download all the pictures also.

I bought the duracell batteries, and charger combo pack from CTC 2 yrs. ago, and they are all still working just fine. Even bought another 4 pack of batteries a year ago for more devices(GPS, and FRS radios), and everthing is still working well.

I bought the one hour quick charger pack.

Gotta be something wrong with either the camera, or the batteries/charger.

Cold weather will effect the performance of batteries. I currently use lithium batteries in my Kodak digi, don't know exactly how many pics I get out of set but I'd I had to guess probably somewhere about two hundred to two fifty.

Whopper

Absolutely, as Whopper said, cold weather affects battery performance, same as in your vehicle.

I presently have Duracell AA/HR6/DC1500 NiMH/1.2V/2300mAh batteries.

You can get higher mAh batteries, buy my charger is for the above model batteries. No issues so far.

You need the rechargable nickel metal hydride batteries. These will give you alot longer life plus they are rechargeable for about a thousand times! You won't have to worry about memory in the batteries as well. I went through the same problem with mine and then switched to NIMH, no problems at all now and even use them in my GPS with no problems.

Rob C

Keep in mind also, that some pics will not require the flash.

Do U know how to disable the flash?

Yep. It can be set to auto when there is alot of light it switches automatically or you can change it in the settings.

Thanks for the help everyone. I foudn out what the problem was. The reason why it chews up duracell battries so fast because it has a display. And I asked the guy at the store why my rechargable batteries aren't working. He said that thier nickel batteries and they don't work in the cold. Figures the camera worked all summer long but now in the winter it dies. I just Recharged the batteries and I'm heading out for some steelhead. It's cold outside and the batteries are going to die. Anyone know how I cam keep the batteries warm?

There's got to be more to this mystery than what your store clerk is saying.My kodak 4.1 uses two NiMH AA batteries as well.I took over 10mins of video on our sled in early march while riding in -5 degree weather + took 12 stills.As well the camera was basically exposed to the cold for 5hours as it sat in it's holder outside of my suit thru the ride in between shooting.I probably took another 20 shots or more till I even thought about switching my batteries later on.The batteries I use are Dorcy 2100 NiMH and they are only 5.99 pr at giant tiger.I use the ENERGIZER slow charger and haven't had issues with any other batteries 'cept for the originals that never seemed to perform that well.The charger does both NiMH & NiCD but you have to switch it manually.Check to make sure you're charging yours on the right setting if it does both.

Kerry

Another issue with NiMH rechargeables is that they don't hold their charge as well as lithium-ion batteries! Keep your batteries on your charger until just before you use them! If you charge them and take them off the charger they start draining. Lithium batteries are the longest lasting of the non-rechargeable battery types. Good luck!

Dave

I had issues like this when my Kodak 210 was brand new. Turned out the tabs to hold the battery weren't firm enough against the batteries. Taking a wire and bending the prongs up changed from it saying batteries dead in a few shots to about a 100 shots. Right now I'm using it in the shop and using the Canon re-chargeable AA's that I bought with charger for $79.99 at Henrys, for my Canon A540. I can't believe the difference and don' t know why I didn't go with the NiMH's before....as I've taken over 500 shots in the last couple weeks with no signs of the batteries needing to be re-charged yet...shop is only 50*F and I leave the camera out there..and just bring my memory card in to download each night.

We had the same problem with our camera and tried rechargeable as well. I thought it was a probably our Kodak camera as our first kodak was fine.

I switched to the Duracell Power PIX batteries and I'm still one the first two batteries - well over 50 pictures. I was lucky to get 10 so, if the camera would power up.

They were more than the regular duracell, but worth the money so far.