Last Kawartha report (for me)

Rizzo

will do the muskie dance if I have to

that's what I want to hear :thumbsup_anim: . I have one buddy I get out with once or twice a season who likes to sing to the muskies. If I could have him crooning up front and you swooning in the back the fish won't be able to resist!

that's what I want to hear :thumbsup_anim: . I have one buddy I get out with once or twice a season who likes to sing to the muskies. If I could have him crooning up front and you swooning in the back the fish won't be able to resist!

Team work is best! :Gonefishing:

I did get out on Balsam two weeks ago (nov. 25th) with a Muskie Canada buddy. Fished all day, trolling most of the time. My buddy caught a small one (23") when we stopped to cast for a bit.

I didn't see any trailers at the Nogies creek ramp(Pigeon) on the Saturday when I drove by.

I wondered if anyone took advantage of the later musky season in Kawarthas now.

This is the first year that I have. Usually by late October I get the boat to the Niagara area and fish the upper river a few times before Dec 15. The past few years have been really lousy on the upper so this year I decided just to keep the boat here instead. I don't regret the decision! Doing it this way got me out to Kawarthas probably 3 extra times. Early November we got 2 (38'ish, 45), mid november was a skunking, early december we got this one plus the "one that got away". My 3 or 4 trips that I would have done in Niagara likely would not have been as good (based on how lousy we did in the past - 1 fish in 3 trips last year, 1 fish in 4 trips the year before - both mid 30's fish but chunky - they are heavier down there)

I remember back 6-8 yrs. ago there was Niagara River get-togethers where not much was ever caught but you caught a real nice little tiger musky at the time. With the Kawarthas now being open later it should be easier to put 'skis in the boat. :thumbsup_anim:

wow good memory ehg. I'll see if I can track down the picture later tonight. Gorgeous little fish. I know for years when we'd get together nobody got a dang thing, and finally one year 2 or 3 got caught, I think Adam got a 50? Then there was the year Wayne had to launch his giant boat first to break the ice at the marina. Either way, a 30% success rate was too depressing for me so I took the year off from Niagara. 10 years ago I used to do pretty good down there, but the last 4 or 5 haven't been good